Part 45: Here we go

After you told everyone about your pregnancy, that was when the struggles started. You nor Johnny knew the first things about pregnancy or babies in general. Thankfully, Rosita offered to help you guys through this time. She knew first hand how much struggle pregnancy could be, especially when it's your first. She showed you guys the basics for raising a baby with the help of some dolls. This included swaddling, changing a diaper, dressing and how to hold a baby. It was a bit tricky, especially when it came to swaddling and changing but you guys eventually got the hang of it. Rosita also gave you guys some helpful tips when it comes to feeding, bathing and sleeping. It was a bit too much information to process but she wrote the important stuff down along with some other stuff you guys will need. Shut as a number to a pediatrician and some good food options for the baby. Needless to say, you guys were very thankful to Rosita for all she is doing for you two. You guys would honestly be lost without her. Rosita told you guys that it was nothing since she just wanted you two to have a healthy and happy baby.

Nooshy and Porsha also did whatever they could to help you guys. They were the ones who were there to help you. They helped decorate the nursery and get you maternity clothing. You were honestly surprised by the prices. You knew that babies were expensive but when you saw the prices of the basics such as a crib, stroller, feeding chair, pacifiers, etc, you swore you could hear your bank account start to cry and your money fluttering away. You know that the money was going towards a good cause but it still hurt a bit that you basically spent a whole month, maybe even 2 months worth of work into just baby related stuff. Nooshy gave you some comfort as you paid for some of the stuff and Johnnypaid for the other stuff. When you got home after that, Porsha stayed with you in the living room as Nooshy helped Johnny and Nico get all the stuff in the nursery.

After about four months into your pregnancy, you finally found out the gender of your baby. You nor Johnny were really fond of the idea of a gender reveal or even a baby shower since you guys already spent a lot and just never really understood the point. A gender reveal just felt a little tacky to you guys and you were a bit too busy to plan a baby shower. However, after some persuasion from Prosha and Meena, you guys threw a small baby shower. It was a nice little party and you guys did a gender reveal with the cake. You guys figured that it would be the easiest way with the cake and the most practical since there wouldn't be any extra set-up, cost or clean-up. It was also the easiest and low key way you guys could think. At the end of it all, you guys celebrated the fact that you guys were going to have a boy.

As you guys got closer to the due date, it was when you could feel the tension. Your body did not want to move and you honestly understood why. You tried not to change your schedule the same as it did, however as your baby belly started to grow, it got a bit difficult. You knew this was going to happen but you had no idea how hard it would make basic everyday things and how tiring it would make your body. It got to the point where just walking up the stairs to your room was too much so you just stayed down stairs in the guest room a good amount of the time.

It was 2 weeks before your due date. You were sitting on the couch folding some laundry while Porsha sat next to you with the basket on her lap. Rosita was in the kitchen making you a nice patch of cookies. Johnny wasn't home. He was out with Nooshy and Nico since you thought it would be good for him to get out of the house. Around the end of the seventh month of the pregnancy, he never really left the house since that was where you started to feel your body getting really tired and he didn't want you to be alone.

You told this to Carla and she laughed since she told you that Joe was the exact same way, which surprised you a bit. You never thought Joe could be a worrier. After all, you've only seen him as a cool and goofy guy. But that just showed that he did love Carla and you thought that was sweet.

"How are you feeling sweetie," Rosita asked in her motherly tone.

"I'm okay, just a little uncomfortable," you admitted.