Parts 44: Congratulations

It's been almost a month since you found out you were pregnant. You knew you'd had to tell everyone since you don't know the first thing about pregnancy and are going to need help. You were thankful to Joe and his family for keeping quiet since you and Johnny wanted to be the ones to tell everyone.

You guys decide to tell Marcus first. After all, he is Johnny's father and one of the only few family members you guys had related by blood. So you guys invited Marcus over for a nice home dinner. You guys figured the easiest way to tell him. Not to mention, Marcus was more of a private man so he would like a private meeting than one in public.

"You sure you didn't want to invite Porsha," Johnny asked as you two set the table. "I mean if we're telling our family then shouldn't your sister be here?"

"I love my sister but," you said as you sighed. " She might get too excited and tell someone like Nooshy or Buster and I don't want them to know yet," you said in a soft tone. You did feel guilty that you were holding out to telling your sister but you wanted to play it safe. "I'll tell her when we all have that dinner to celebrate the anniversaries of the shows this Saturday. That way, she finds out when everyone else finds out."

"That's fair. Good call," Johnny said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You two share a quick laugh as you guys continue getting dinner ready. You didn't want to make anything too fancy since you really didn't know how to make anything fancy. Not to mention there were some foods you couldn't eat so you had to think of something all three of you could enjoy.

In the end, you decide to cook some beef with some nice vegetables and mashed on the side. Johnny of course helped you make the dinner and you appreciated that. You also had some water with fruits inside to make a nice flavored water.

Around 7 o'clock you guys hear a knock at the door. Johnny wipes his hands as he approaches the door. He let out a breath before he opened it. When he opened it he saw his dad.

"Johnny," Marcus said as he held out his arms.

"Hey dad," Johnny said as he hugged his dad.

They share a hug and Johnny lets him inside.

"Thanks for coming dad," Johnny said as he closed the door.

"Well it's not like I'd miss the chance to see my son and my daughter-in-law. Speaking of which, where is she," Marcus said as he looked around the living room.

On cue you walk out the kitchen to greet Marcus. Marcus sees you and gives you a hug.

"Ah, how are you," Marcus asked as he let go of you.

"I'm okay. Thank you for coming," You said with a smile.

"Well like I told Johnny, I'd never miss the chance to hang out with you two," Marcus responded with a sincere smile. "Plus free food is just a bonus."

You three share a laugh as you go back to the kitchen to get on the beef. Marcus and Johnny sit down on the couch as they start to talk. They talked about how Marcus' life is found after the whole gang thing. He didn't fully put it behind it but he and the lads don't get into trouble. They've actually been doing jobs as security for whoever hires them and even do a little mechanical stuff into the Garage. Johnny was just happy to see that his dad was turning his life around.

After the beef was done you set it on the table and went to join the boys on the couch. You tell them that the food was ready. Marcus was about to get up but Johnny asked him to stay seated. Marcus raised a brow at him but did what he was told. You sit down next to Johnny and he takes your hand.

"What's going on," Marcus asked as he got a bit confused when you sat down.

"Dad, we invited you for dinner because we have something to tell you," Johnny said in a soft but serious tone.