Part 1: Introduce

The city of Calatonia was always eventful. It had nice weather, great views and a big population. It was known as one of the biggest cities in the country in both size and population. And of course that means there's always something happening. Whether out in the open in or in the shadows of an alleyway.

You were holding your skateboard underneath your arm as you scrolled through the feedback of your newest video. You did a dance video for your song 'Dollhouse', and you weren't really surprised by the comments. Since you wear a mask and occasionally a hood to hide your face in the videos and sometimes even have some costumes to go with the song, people can't really make out who you are. So obviously, a good amount of the comments were asking for a face reveal. You playfully roll your eyes since you were used to those comments, but you didn't really plan to do a face reveal. You mainly hid your face so you wouldn't get harassed when you are just trying to get to work or the grocery store. Even though you loved singing and dancing and you would love to have that be your full-time career, you still wanted to live your life without having some random person trying to take a picture of you. You had other reasons to hide your face but that was the main and only reason you'd willingly share to people who know about your videos, which is only your best friend back home and your boss at the skate shop.

You were walking to work scrolling on your phone when you heard someone's voice. It sounded like a boy singing, You turned in the direction of the voice to see the body of a boy. He had dark hair and was wearing a leather jacket and skinny jeans.

Could you ever be really close to me
I can tell the way you smile
If I feel that I could be certain then I would say the things
I want to say to-

You were lost in the voice that you were a bit sad when it ended suddenly. You saw the boy hide behind the wall he was leaning against. You were able to see a boy with tanish skin and brown eyes with a better view of his slightly messy hair. You were confused as to why he was hiding until you were able to see some police officers pass by the other side of the alleyway. You figured that he was in trouble, and your hunch was only proven correct when you saw him trying to sneakily talk to what you figured was a walkie talkie. You weren't sure if it was because of the boy or that you recognized one of the officers, but you quickly ran through the alley, passing the boy to be met by the policemen. You stand in front of them breathing heavily but trying to hide it and turn them to where their back was facing the alleyway, and you could see them into the alley way.

The officer raised his brow as his partner let out a tired sigh since you had history with him. "What do you want y/n," is all the officer said, clearly tired."You didn't do anything, did you," he said in a suspicious tone. He raised an eyebrow at you, and you put your hand on your chest while starting to act offended.

"I'm hurt, Richard. I haven't done anything," is all you said as clenched your chest. You look at Officer Richard to see if he would go along with your little charade, but he just looked done with you.

"Damn, you're no fun today. What are you and Daneil having trouble with Lily? I thought you too could handle fatherhood," you said in a cheeky tone as the other officer let out a chuckle, and Richard pinched the bridge of his nose. You peek behind the officers as you see a black truck zoom right behind them, causing both officers to turn around. They see some men wearing what appeared to be wearing black eye-masks and blue jumpsuits. Richard looked at you, and you had a genuine shocked look on your face as you shrugged your shoulders. Richard and his partner quickly go to chase the truck as they call for back-up. You just decide to pull out your earbud to listen to some music as you put your skateboard on the ground. You put on a song as you skate to work.

Johnny POV

I panicked when I saw the police officers pass by since my dad and his gang were currently inside the bank robbing it. I pull out the walkie-talkie to warn them, but I then see a girl pass by me. Was she a witness? Wait, how could she if my dad's gang was still inside. She passed me and went to talk to the officers. I was confused. Was she distracting the officers? Or just striking a conversation? I was snapped out of my thoughts at my dad's gang jumping out of the window. I was caught off guard, but I felt myself getting roughly dragged from my arm by dad as we rushed to the truck. We all jump into the truck as we make our way to the Garage. Even though we were trying to lose the police now chasing us, I was still trying to figure out who that girl was and why she did that. Was she trying to help me for some reason? Or am I just reading too much into it?

3rd POV

You open the door to Power Skates. You were never really a fan of the name, but you didn't really care to judge or felt like you had the right to. You walk up to the counter and pet Kiki, your boss's Shih Tzu. You go behind the counter to put your skateboard in your locker. You take off your hoodie to put in your locker and put on your vest. You clock in and see your boss working on the computer.

"Morning Joe." Your voice caught his attention. He turns around to reveal an older man with dark hair with some red strikes in it, green eyes, white-tanish skin, and a toned body.

"Oh hey y/n. How have you been?"

"I've good, you," is all you managed to say as you started to fix up a skateboard for a customer that was coming in about an hour. You didn't really pay attention to your boss as you were thinking about the song the boy was singing. As you thought of the song, your mind then went to the boy's voice and how it sounded very lovely and pleasant to the ear. He definitely had the makings of being a really musician, is what you thought, and then your mind went to just thinking about the boy. You thought he was pretty cute and you liked his jacket.

"Y/N!" You snap out of your thoughts to see Joe looking at you with a raised brow. "Were you listening to me?" You shook your head no, and your boss just let out a sigh as he shook his head. You rub the back of your neck as you let out a nervous chuckle as this isn't the first time this has happened. Joe then just reminds you about the customer coming to pick up their board in about an hour. You nod your head as you go back to fixing the board.

You finish the board and make sure it's ready for pick up. Joe tells you he needs to make a call as he steps out of the store. You stay in front of the counter, petting Kiki as you wait for anyone to walk. You then see the customer walk in for their board. They give you the other half of the money for the payment as they walk out of the store. A young boy then walks in with his parents. The dad walks in and asks for help picking out a skateboard for their son. You get out from behind the counter and start to help them select a board along with some safety gear. After about two hours, the family walks out with their things. You let out a sigh as you hear Joe let out a chuckle.

"You know, you were always good with kids."

You turn your head to look at him. You decide not to say anything since you didn't want to start a possible pointless argument.

"Hey, check this out."

Joe walks up to you and hands you an orange flier. You grabbed it from him with a curious look on your face. The poster read:

SINGING COMPETITION
AUDITIONS
The winner will receive
THE GRAND PRICE of
$100,000
Open auditions at the Moon Theater
551 Echo Drive

"A singing competition," you said as you raised an eyebrow to Joe. Joe shrugged his shoulders to you as he graded a clipboard and started to do a supply checklist.

"I thought it could be fun for you since you know, you actually write music. Plus you dance and have a pretty good voice so I think you have a good chance to win."

You continue to look at the flier. You let out a sigh as you go to pet Kiki.

"Yeah, but I don't know. Also, we need more grip paper, and we're running low on hangers, so maybe order some more."

"Got it."