Part 2 Audition

You were sitting on your bed as you ate some cereal. Your studio apartment was pretty small since you couldn't really afford a bigger one and you lived by yourself anyway. It was also pretty empty since you didn't own many things. Plus it made it easier to move things around to make room for dancing. You look back at the flier that Joe gave you. Singing competitions weren't really your thing but you figured it couldn't hurt and it would be a free opportunity to sing in public. Not to mention it could be fun and a good chance for you to make some relationships with people. You got up to put your bowl in the sink and went to your room to get ready. You took a quick shower and got dressed. You put on a pair of ripped jeans, a random t-shirt and wrapped your (f/c) hoodie around your waist. You just brushed your hair so it didn't look too messy. You took a quick glance to your left wrist and gently rubbed the right side of your hip. You let out a sigh as you left your room. You put on your shoes and graded your phone, bag, guitar and skateboard. You lock your door and skate to the Moon Theater.

The line was massive and there was no doubt that the prize money had part in that or was the reason. All kinds of people were auditioning, trying to impress Buster Moon to get into the show. With a different spread of group acts and soloists performing their favorite songs or original songs. After waiting for god knows how long, it was finally your turn. You thought about dancing but you decided to just go with your guitar and voice. You walk up to the stage where the mic was placed. Buster asked if you like a chair but you just shook your head no. He shrugged his shoulders as he told you that you can start. You take a breath as you start to play.

Merrily we fall out of line, out of line
I'd fall anywhere with you, I'm by your side
Swinging in the rain, humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze

I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Carefully we're placed for our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me
I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are

You finish playing and you look at Buster and the older woman sitting next to him.

"Whoa thank you y/n. Was that an original song?"

You nod your head yes and he just lets out an excited chuckle while writing some more things on his clipboard. You walk off the stage and your eyes widen as you see a familiar figure. You smile to yourself as you see the boy from yesterday. You were going to walk up to him but he then walked up to the stage. You then decide that you would just wait until after the auditions to introduce yourself. You go to sit somewhere in the lobby now hoping you got into the show so that you could have the chance to talk to him if you both are in the show.

After the last person finished their audition, you were all summoned back to the stage. Everyone stood in the crowd as Buster Moon stood in front of them holding his clipboard. He points to a group of three boys and walks up to an angsty-looking couple. He asks for the girl which makes the couple confused. He then sent the rest of the group acts home, earning annoyed grunts and upset groans from them. He then asked for the following people to step forward: Johnny, Mike, Pete, Richard, Daniel, Ray and Y/n. The seven of them step up and Buster immediately went to Mike to tell him he was a part of the show. Mike was acting nice and shocked but he clearly knew that he was going to get picked. He then picks Pete and then he walks you.

"With amazing song writing skills and instrument play, how can I not pick you. Welcome to the show," Buster said in an energetic tone.

"Thanks. I appreciate it," you said with a little smile.

Buster walks away and lets out a smile on your face. Buster then takes a long look at his clipboard until he finally decides on Johnny making you celebrate a little but not too much since you didn't want to get noticed. Buster then sent everyone home but called for a woman named Rosita. He looks at his clipboard as he taps his pen. He then calls for a man named Gunter and pares them for another group act. Hunter was excited by this idea but Rosita clearly was unsure.

Buster then starts to congratulate the chosen few for being selected for the show. A little group of teen girls come up behind him. Buster tries to tell them nicely that they need to leave but they start to do a cute sing and dance routine before getting shooed away by the lady who apparently is named Ms. Crawly. Mike then asks Buster to open the chest to which he agrees to as everyone encourages him to open it. He then quickly runs off the stage with Ms. Crawly and his friend that handed him one of the posters.

The constants were a bit confused on why Buster quickly ran off the stage if he just had to go get his key but they decided to just brush it off. They all then started to talk against themselves or just wait patiently for Buster to return. You decided to sit with your feet hanging off the edge of the stage, just playing your song from earlier. You were playing the song you sang earlier but you didn't sing.

"Beautiful."

You turn around to see the boy from yesterday looking at you with a look of awe on his face. You raise your brow at him. He realizes what he said and he blushes a bit as he rubs the back of his neck.

"T-The song I mean. Your skills on the guitar are amazing."

He was clearly embarrassed by what just happened. You thought it was kind of cute and you couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Your chuckle made him a bit more embarrassed and you just smiled at him.

"Thanks. I'm y/n by the way."

You hold out your find towards him as he just stares. He looked into your eyes and noticed you were smiling. You smile too as he takes your hand.

"Johnny"

"Nice to meet you Johnny."

"Likewise."

You let go of each other's hand and before you could continue with the conversation, you guys hear Buster coming back. He then tells you guys that practice starts at first thing in the morning starting tomorrow. This gets everyone excited and they all head home.

*Power Skate*

You told Joe that you got into the show and he congratulated you. You asked him how this could affect your work schedule but he told you to not worry about it. After all, the competition was set to take place in about a month and he reassured you that he can manage the shop on his own for that long. Plus he told you that since you never asked for a day off or took a sick day before, you had more than enough days to take this mini break. You were a bit conflicted about that but you appreciate it. You high five each other as you went back to work on your last shift for a while.