Chapter 1

Aiden's Pov~

The taste of blood flooded my mouth as pain rippled through my jaw. My head snapped back and I grinned to myself, adrenaline shooting through me. The crowd that had gathered for the fight cheered at the sight of blood, happily raising their drinks.

Steading myself again I turned back to my opponent. His dirty blonde hair was slicked back with sweat and his face was flushed. He looked at me with hooded eyes filled with hate.

I just smiled and wiped the blood off my lip with my thumb. "Damn, at least put some effort in. I didn't feel a thing."

This seemed to rile him up further.

He lunged at me and took a swing, but I dodged effortlessly. Turning slightly to let him fall forward and proceeded to use his own momentum to trip him. As he crashed to the floor applause sounded and I looked over to the crowd and bowed slightly. Seeing as he wasn't about to get up anytime soon I just left him there.

Fortunatly for him, some of his buddies came and dragged him off before he could get trampled on as the crowd dispersed.

Turning around I walked back over to the bar where I had been so rudely interupted. I mean I wasn't doing anything but still. Rude. I didn't even know what his problem was anyway.

Sitting down on one of the stools I tenderly touched my jaw but the wound was already gone. I frowned but the adrenaline rush was already fading, turning into that same numbness I've grown accustomed to the past 14 years of my life.

A pretty bartender distracted me for a moment asking if I wanted something. "Naw, I'm good, but thanks cutie," I said with a slight smile. She blushed and walked off, glancing over her should at me a few times. I just winked at her and got up.

Walking out of the bar and into the alley way, I looked up to see the sky turning a light shade of pink. Sighing to myself and running a hand through my short hazel hair, I slowly walked back to my apartment only about a block away.

"Hey Aiden." A voice rings through my head.

I groan but keep walking, "What do you want Frost."

"That last fight wasn't very fun." He scoffed

I frown to myself, "Well, what were you expecting, he was only a beta. Plus, he was drunk."

"Yeah, but when was the last time we had a good challange?" He whined annoyingly.

"I don't know, probably about 14 years ago. Before we found out we're an alpha."

He growled at that,"Yeah, wasn't that great."

I sighed, silently agreeing with him as I finally reached my apartment. I unlocked the door and went inside, walking over to the bedroom. I grabbed a tank top and a pair of sweats out of my drawer before walking over to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done I went back into my room and laid down.

But Frost was right, I haven't had a good fight since I was a pup.

I was 10 when I learned my second gender like all the other pups. But that was when my alpha strengh and power started kicking in, and all the other pups I sparred with were suddenly no match for me. With no one able to tell me to stop I turned to violence for almost everything. I was picking fights left and right, and a lot of my pack members grew distant.

Eventually, the ruling alpha at the time talked to me, and we came to an agreement that I would leave the pack as soon as I turned 18 and never return.

Since then I've gone to many different packs and challenged all the alphas I know. Not to take over their pack, but just to find someone who I could willingly serve under and respect. Cause the lord knows I couldn't have a pack of my own, but then again what wolf goes without a pack? I've missed the companion ship but all the pack's I've visited were pretty weak, and couldn't handle me. After about a year I finally stopped looking.

Now for the past 5 years, I've hopped from place to place, just trying to find somewhere to fit in. However, my restlessness never stopped and for now I've rented a single person apartment close to the mountains, so I could take a run whenever I wanted. It didnt hurt that there was a local bar nearby aswell.

I sighed and sat back up, trying to shake the unwanted thoughts in my head.

"Hey Frost?"

"Yeah?"

"You up for a quick run?"

"Hell yeah, I've been dying to get some action." He growled.

I snorted to myself but smiled regardless, "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

I stood up and left my bedroom, only bothering to slip on some sandals before heading outside and crossing the empty street to the woodline.

I quickly and silently found the gap in the fence used to block it off and slipped inside. After walking a few feet I glanced around and quickly shifted, leaving my clothes on the ground.

Frost's Pov~

I yawned and stretched my legs, relishing in the legroom. Standing up, I shook out my pure white fur, then gave my ear a quick scratch.

"Thanks for letting me out for a bit Aiden." I huff gratefully.

"No problem, I wanted a break anyway. I'm gonna take a nap for a bit, so I'm going to give you full control." He yawned in response.

"All right, I'll talk to you later."

He just grunted in response and went quiet.

Perking up my ears I took a quick glance around before walking further into the woods.

After about 15 more feet I finally took off in a run. Sprinting over fallen trees and ducking under low branches, relishing the feeling of my muscles stretching. I've been running for about an hour when a certain smell caught my nose. Coming to a hault I looked around and perked up my ears. The smell of rabbit assulted my senses making my stomach rumble in repsonse. Deciding to stop for a quick snack, I lowed my head and start sniffing the ground. Eventually I found out which way the rabbit went and took off in that direction.

It only takes a little while for the smell to thicken, indicating I'm close. I slow my run into a gait, and then a light trot before stopping completly. I crouch down silently before slowly making my way through the underbrush. Checking the wind, I slowly creep downwind. Taking extra precautions not to be seen or heard due to my white coat. A minor downside when I'm in the forest, especially the summer when all the snow is gone.

Once I'm downwind I readjust myself and start stalking forward. I've only taken a few steps when the rabbit came into view.

Its dark brown fur turning light with the rising sun as it nibbled on some blades of grass. Its fat body moving slightly as it slowly moved to another patch. Licking my lips I crouch even lower and start to stalk forward, ears pricked for the slightest sound.

When I finally reach a good distance I stop and hold my breath, not wanting to make a single sound. I get into position and just as I'm about to pounce a nearby twig snaps.

Shit.

One of my ears swivel in the direction while the rabbit looks up. I try to crouch down further but it still spots me, not bothering to stick around it takes off in the opposite direction. Growling to myself and whatever made that noise, I jump up and race after it.

The hunt is on, and to be honest, I've missed the thrill of the chase.