"I don't think there's really any reason to make him leave," Ayanokouji replied 

"That pretty boy will completely overshadow us! What are you going to do if Kushida-chan ends up liking Hirata, huh?! We can't let that pretty boy end up with a cutie like Kushida!" Ike whispered albeit a bit louder.

"Hirata's dating Karuizawa, isn't he?" I said.

Also did he just admit that Hirata's prettier than you?

"Hey, just because you say he has a girlfriend is no guarantee. I can't relax. Besides, anyone in his right mind would choose a pretty angel like Kushida-chan over a sloppy, easy gal like Karuizawa!"

Now that was just rude.

"Hey, Ike, you do know that there's no guarantee that Kushida-chan is a virgin, right?" Yamauchi joined our conversation, his anxious voice a strained whisper.

"W-well... Yeah, you might be... N-no, Kushida has to be a virgin!" Ike said.

They continued on whispering to each other, while it doesn't show on Ayanokouji's face and probably not mine either, we were pretty disgusted, and annoyed, and worried.

"Um, if we're a bother, perhaps we can just go separately?" said Hirata in a reserved tone. He seemed to have noticed our secret conversation.

"W-we don't really mind at all, do we? Right, Yamauchi?"

"Y-yeah. Let's all go together. The more the merrier, you know. Right, Ike?"

 those two had shouted that others would "be in the way" and that they needed to get rid of Hirata. But if they did such a thing, then Kushida might like them less. Whether or not there was any chance she'd like them in the first place is completely zero. 

"Well, obviously, that was the idea. Why are you four whispering about us?" Karuizawa's words were certainly understandable, but why was I included?

"Well, here's my thought. If we include Hirata and Karuizawa, then we'll have the same number of boys and girls. So that means it'd be a triple date. Ayanokouji, Shinjiro, this could be your chance, you know?"

"... Did you... forget Mori, Kokoro and Shinohara." I asked.

"Yes. Well we can incorporate them as well. You get Mori, I get Kokoro and Ayanokouji gets Shinohara.

"So, you're good with Matsushita, Yamauchi? I'm gonna talk to Kushida-chan. Oh, and Kokoro." Ike said.

"Hey, don't screw with me! I'm the one after Kushida-chan! We're going to get married under an old cherry blossom tree, exchanging vows like a sweet promise between childhood friends! It's fate! Also, you get 2? Bullshit. Like actual shit from a bull! Not cool!"

"You're full of crap! I've thought about doing that for a while now. You're a total liar!"

I was really engaged in the conversation I was just listening. Mainly because I don't want to waste my vocal cords with these two. Ayanokouji probably thinks the same.

Me and Ayanokouji are just next to each other since we didn't want to get invovled, while Yamauchi and Ike were busy fantasizing about Kushida and flanking Hirata on both sides. I see Kokoro signalling me to come over to her side so I did.

"... Are they acting weird?"

"Yes, they are." I answered bluntly.

"I knew it! Why do you even hang out with them?" Shinohara asked me, it looks like she's interrogating me, to see if I'm a sane male student in this class.