"Kids, Daddy needs to do some business with Uncle Eric and Uncle Lloyd. Go play or watch TV." he told the children.  They all took off ... all that is except Stephanie.  She stood in front of  Eric with her arms still held up and eyes locked onto him waiting for him to pick her up.  

"Steph did you hear what Daddy said?" Linden sternly asked the little girl.  

Stephanie  made a face and her lips turned up into a frown and Eric knew that she was about to cry.  He quickly picked her up.  "It's ok,"  he told Linden.  The little girl wrapped her tiny arms around Eric's neck and burried her face into the crook of his neck, much the same way Ericka often do when she was upset.  Eric held her for a little while before Linden stepped in again.

"Ok Stephanie that is enough, say goodbye to your uncle Eric.   Go play with your brothers and sisters.  I have work to do with your uncles.  Put her down Eric." Linden firmly told Eric.    Eric put the girl down and Stephanie ran off to find her siblings, but she kept looking back at Eric and waved goodbye to him.

The three men entered Linden's office and closed the door.  Lloyd blew out a sigh as if he was holding his breath for a while.  "A drink would be nice right about now," He said.  Eric was obviously shaken up by the interaction with Stephanie. 

"I am sorry about that.  She is always curious about Eric but today was different.  She has never done that before.  I dont know what  got into her." Linden apologized. 

"It's as if she knew why Eric is here." Lloyd said. 

Linden looked at Lloyd annoyed at his utterances.  "Are you saying that the four year child  is psychic now?" 

Linden pulled out a bottle of island white rum and three glasses.  "I think you are right about one thing, we can all use a drink."

"Uncle Linden she calls you Daddy,  so you are raising her as your own child?  I had no idea that was the case." Lloyd said

"How else was I suppose to raise her?  I never wanted her to feel left out  in any way  like she is different from any of the other kids.  She is not a boarder.  Imogene and I are raising her.  I thought  that was the agreement." Linden said looking at Eric.

"Yes that was the agreement and still is.  I am grateful that you and Imogene are raising her as one of yours." Eric said. 

Lloyd gulped down his drink and held out his glass for another.  "Is it me or does any of you see how strinkingly similar  her looks are to Sahita inspite of her age? Her hair, her eyes and that  birth mark? It is fucking creepy."

Linden looked at Eric.  "I would be lying if I said that I didn't notice her resemblance to your mother, but only what is in the envelope will deccide if she is yours." 

Eric was unusually quiet as Lloyd took the lead talking to their uncle.  Lloyd rubbed his hands together.  "Ok then lets get this show on the road.  We dont want Eric to get in trouble for getting home late." Lloyd teased his brother.  

"Cut the bull shit.  Uncle Linden, do you have that envelope with Stephanie's paternity tests here? "  

"Right over there in that safe locked away.  Are you ready to find out if she is yours?"

"Yes, I am taking your advice to tell Tanya about what happened to me.  But I need to know If Stephanie is mine before I tell her.  I dont want to admit to something  I dont know for sure, but after seeing her just now, I am not sure that is even necessary."

 "What do you mean that it is not necessary? I totally agree that you should find out if she is yours regardless of who she looks like."

"Well look at her.  She has to be mine.  How else would she look so like my mother?"