Chapter 11. The Brawl

Ericka was waiting for her father as he walked through the door.  She dropped her blanket and ran to him, wrapping her hands around his legs preventing him from moving any farther.  Eric picked her up.  "What's wrong Princess?" But she just wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and clung to him.

Dee the new nanny stood a little way back and watched the scene unfolding with Eric and Ericka. "Spoil brat," she whispered to herself but not low enough that Becky who was passing by couldn't hear.

"You are not the misses of this house. You need to watch yourself," Becky told Dee and walked off to the kitchen to get Eric his dinner.

Eric walked towards Dee with Ericka still clinging to him. "Everything ok?" Eric asked Dee.

"She been acting up ... not listening to anything I tell her," Dee said.

Ericka raised her head and pointed at Dee.  "Dee hit me," Ericka said.

Eric looked at Dee with blood in his eyes.  He was in a bad mood already after that fiasco at the courthouse with Tanya and her lawyer.  "You did what? You hit her?"

"Yea Daddy, wight here," Ericka said touching her upper arm.

"I told you she was acting up and not listening,"

"We will talk later," Eric told Dee as he walked away with Ericka in his arms.

Usually Eric had dinner with Ericka and Dee and Lloyd if he was home, but that evening he had dinner with Ericka only up in Tanya's suite. Lloyd joined them later. He was anxious to find out how the case went. "Everything ok?" Lloyd asked. 

"We will talk later," Eric was not in a mood for chit chat with anyone except with his daughter.  He gave her a bath and read to her before tucking her in for the night.  

Lloyd was waiting for Eric as he came down the stairs.  Lloyd followed him to his office.  "What happened at the court today?"

"Drink," Eric said.

Lloyd poured them both a drink.  Eric gulped his down in one pass and held out his glass for more.  "That bad eh?"

"She told the fucking judge that I abused her," Eric finally said.

"Tanya said that?"

"Well that sorry excuse of a lawyer said that.  I should have his license to practice law here revoked," Eric said.

Lloyd looked at Eric with raised brow.  "What?" Eric asked.

"I am sure there was some misunderstanding.  I mean you two had a rough go of it for a while, but since your accident ... you were like newlyweds until this shit with Mila," Lloyd said. 

"That's what I fucking thought.  Her mother and brother have her living in a fake reality.  I tell you this, I fear for the baby she is carrying.  I put nothing pass that family." Eric said.

"You don't think that they would hurt that baby? Tanya would never stand by and let anyone hurt her baby," Lloyd said.

"I am not talking her.  I am talking her mother.  That woman gives me the chills," Eric said. 

"Shit, there is nothing we can do as long as she is with them," Lloyd said.

"I need her here with us. The judge recommended that she move back in with us for a six month trial period. I don't want to force her to come back, but fuck I need her," Eric said.

"You can't force her to come back, if you use that tactic you will only push her further away. I mean her body will be here but her heart and mind will be someplace else," Lloyd pointed out.