Chapter 61. Fingers Cross All

Linden got up and pat Eric on the back. "Ready to party tonight?" he asked.

Eric looked at his uncle. "Party?"

"Yes Aya, you can't come to New York City, the city that never sleeps and not take in some night life." Linden responded.

"Nay, I need to get back home. I have to meet with grandpa Will and his Lawyer about the elephant in the room."

"The annulment?"

"Yes, I refuse to say it out loud."

"Stop worrying so much about that ."

"I am fucking scared to death. She is going to think it is something I was aware of and deliberately done. She will never believe that I signed that shit unknowingly."

"Look, you need me there with you? Just say the word. I will change our flight plan from tomorrow to tonight." Linden offered.

Eric looked at his uncle. "You are always there for me ever since I was a little boy... through good and bad. You are more like a father to me than an uncle."

Linden pulled on his beard as he contemplated how to respond. "There is something you should know Eric ... I am ... I am a father figure to all my nieces and nephews and even to some who are not related to me by blood, but I hear what you are saying. I have been there more for you and Lloyd becasuse the both of you needed me more."

"You mean we had shitty parents."

"I love my brother but he can be an ass hole at times.  He is too busy running away from life to see that he is missing out on what is important, like being a father and grandfather, the most vital roles entrusted to a man.  You are special to me Eric. I see myself in you Aya. Does that make sense?"

Eric nodded yes. "I thought there for a minute you were going to tell me that you are my father and not Rick."

Linden smiled that lopsided smile that was so similar to Eric's and shook his head. "Now why would you think that Aya? For me to be your father, I would have had to shrew your mother, the demon, and that never happened." Linden said and made the sign of the cross over his chest.

"Well the verdict is still out on whether she is really my mother."

"Eric look, I want you to stop blaming yourself for everything your mother did.  I know you are going to doubt everything and everyone in your life for a while and wonder what is real, but just remember, our relationship you and I are real; you and Lloyd are real and here is something I never thought I would say... You and Tanya are real."

"What?"

"I truly believe that only something real  could withstand all that woman did to pull you apart, so what you you have with Tanya has to be real too."

Eric teared up at hearing that from his uncle. He wiped his eyes. "Fuck no, dont tell you are crying like a girl. Thats why I dont say shit." Linden teased.

"Crying? Who the fuck is crying?"

"You really dont think that she will leave when she finds out about the annulment?"

"Fuck no, look I dont say that she wont leave for a hot minute, but her ass will be right back."

"How you figure out all this?"

"Well, if she didn't leave you after her Dad's accident and you didn't leave her after she shot you and almost killed your ass, then I figure that there is something big that is keeping you together... it is called destiny."

                                                                                                         **********