Chapter 65: Lædingr

Start from the beginning

He became gentle, calmer, wiser– choosing to pursue the simple things in life. 

Like boobs and the hidden beauty of the female form. 

To preach their magnificence to the following generation during one of his trips to earth.

He lived a quiet life, something which he never experienced once in his long life. 

Until an old friend came knocking at his front door.

Azazel.

That old crow came to pay him a visit in his realm, Asgard, of all places. Normally, they would just set up a meeting at a strip club and enjoy the show while talking about any subject. But for him to personally walk through the golden gates while causing Rossweisse a panic attack as due to stressing over the fact how Azazel managed to bypass their defenses in the first place. She nearly had a mental breakdown after reviewing each step of security a few hundred times. He wanted to tell her that he gifted the man a realm key years ago, but just stayed quiet as it was quite the funny scene to watch her overreact to such a small thing.

"For you to stand before me in Asgard, has it finally happened… Has Gabriel finally succumbed to lust and turned into an equally sexy Fallen!?" 

It was an important question. That girl stole the hearts of nearly every god king of every pantheon, and several queens, without even trying and that damn Michael wouldn't hesitate to castrate them all if one as much as touched her hair! He was going to touch those boobs one day!

Curse her overprotective brother!

"Hahahaha! As if!" Azazel laughed, finding the Allfather's reaction hilarious. "But no, I came not as Azazel, the Governor of the Grigori, but as a fellow researcher and Sacred Gear enthusiast. I believe that we can help each other out in certain matters."

Now, this was interesting, Odin read about his friend's attempts at recreating Yahweh's famous creations with similar effects in the past. 'A Fool's errand!' he thought at first. Many pantheons tried to replicate the process. Wanting to create an army of powerful Sacred Gear users, but failed in the end—including himself, but without the basic blueprint, all of them had failed in their task. 

"You got any interesting scraps lying around? I remember you once scoured the human world for a piece of chain a few centuries ago." 

"I cannot hand you Gleipnir, Azazel. That is a sacred artifact that I try to keep away from those with wicked intentions." Especially his son, Loki. His current ambition did not come with good intentions, seeking to return the Nordic faction to its former glory and take the seat of the Allfather. Gleipnir was the only weapon he had against one of the few beings who could kill him.

Unfortunately, Azazel wasn't so easily dissuaded. "Tell me, old friend. We both know why you're keeping Gleipnir hidden in your vault. But it's a pointless endeavor as your son knows of their existence. He saw it being used in the past, and what's to say that he hasn't prepared for it? Fenrir as well, the wolf that continues to grow stronger as time passes. He will break them the next time those chains get used on him. If not, then Loki will surely find a way to strengthen his kid." he said with certainty. 

Odin sighed, feeling a sort of headache he hadn't experienced for a long time. Of course, he knew about the current reality of things. Being called one of the wisest beings in existence did not just happen like that, he predicted that even Gleipnir would lose to Fenrir's strength one day. 

"Then what do you want me to do? I tried to recreate it in a Sacred Gear form, so that one day, a valiant warrior with the will of a dragon could push the chains beyond their might and grow stronger. But after 3 deaths and 9 failures, I have given up."