Chapter 5

The gamma, beta, a few warriors and in the center of them was her Father, the Alpha of the pack. True horror hit her when she saw to the left of her Father's head was her 19 year old half brother Damon. Her whole body became numb with shock as she stood there unable to look away.

"Pup."

Her half brother had also shun her like the rest of the pack and they had no particular close relationship. That being said he was just a boy and nothing he did to her would have justified seeing his head piked like this.

"Pup"

The full force realization that everyone, everything she knew and lived with was gone and dead had hit her like a tsunami.

"Pup"

Brutally murdered for reasons unknown. These Grizzly bastards didn't even spare the kids. What kind of monsters do this?!?!

"PUP!" A hand suddenly grabbed her shoulder and pulled her away from the sight. Her mind was still clouded but looked up and saw the Commander. His face was void of emotion as usual.

***

Xander had seen the piked heads and hoped she wouldn't notice them. She was in the dungeon when they raided the pack so he didn't even know if she belonged there or not. She didn't notice them on their way to the store but on the way back they weren't so lucky. He had turned around when he stopped hearing the soft pitter patter of her feet behind him. She stood there about twenty feet back staring at the sight with shock on her face confirming that she must have belonged to that pack.

He opened his mouth to call her but realized he didn't even know her name yet. Calling her a 'dog' didn't quite sit well since it was a very racist term to the wolves.

"Pup" He called out but she was lost in her mind. Her eyes trailed to one of the heads and suddenly horror went all over her face.

"Pup" A storm of emotions swept over her face and she began to tremble.

"Pup" He called a bit louder but still in a calm tone but she still didn't move. People began to take notice of the situation.

Finally he walked up to her and grabbed her shoulder but made sure it wasn't in a harsh way.

"PUP!" She looked up at him but it was as if her spirit had left her. "Let's go."

She once again started to follow him but looked completely numb and lost. He couldn't help but wonder who was the one she saw that broke her heart. Her mate perhaps? From what he heard wolves go crazy when their mate is dead and her reaction was definitely there but he expected it to be much worse if it was her mate.

They reached his cabin but she suddenly veered to a bush near the porch and vomited violently.

Xander just continued outside and set the bags of her things at the foot of the stairs. He was in the living room grabbing some files off the coffee table that he needed to report when his senses picked up something flying and through the air at him. He jerked his head a few inches to the left and a kitchen knife flew past him and stuck into one of the books on the shelf.

He turned to see the small she-wolf standing in the kitchen with rage flaring in her gray irises. She was breathing deeply and staring him down. She was on a war path.

***

Mira felt completely numb and somehow stumbled along behind the Commander. When they reached the cabin she felt her stomach lurch and she ended up vomiting in a bush.