Chapter 41

The next morning Mira woke up bright and early. Physically she felt fine but in the pit of her stomach she felt uneasy and bad. It was a strange and unusual feeling but she tried to shake it off and get ready for the day.

Today would be the start of whatever Frida was planning on doing to 'fix' Mira. She was curious as to what this old woman could do that would possibly help her. Xander and Samuel were young and strong so they could take going head to head with her but Frida? There was no way they would be fighting.

Frida was already up with breakfast ready when Mira entered the kitchen. "Eat up. You will need it today." Was all Frida said.

After breakfast and a quick cleanup they headed out of the cabin. Mira looked around but saw nothing but thick woods. She glanced back at the cabin and it looked exactly like the one Frida was in at Creekside.

"This looks like...the same cabin at Creekside?" She walked backwards to get a good look at it.

"Yes."

"So you have a bunch of identical cabins you live in here and there?"

Frida scoffed. "No. I have one home. Who needs multiple homes?"

"Then we are near Creekside? I don't recognise this place." Mira looked all around at the woods around them.

"I wouldn't live in that village for anything in this world." Frida enunciated her words drastically.

"I don't get it."

"You don't have to."

There was a silence between them as they continued to walk. The leaves in the trees had turned vibrant colors of red, orange, and yellow. Half had fallen off the trees and were scattered about. Squirrels chattered and through the branches.

"How can you be so sure that you can help me?"

Frida stopped walking. "Well deary, let's just say this is not the first time my family has helped...your type of wolf...figure themselves out."

"You have helped another blood moon wolf?" Mira said incredulously.

"Me? Oh no I'm not that old. My Grandmother did. As did her Grandmother before her. We are a long long line of Seers." Friday clapped her hands together. "Anyway. Today's task." She gestured with an open hand in front of them.

Mira looked forward and her jaw dropped. Before them was a massive garden. The garden was full of every kind of vegetable and all were ready and ripe for harvest. It had to be at least the size of a football field and was absolutely gorgeous.

"We are going to be harvesting?" She couldn't help but feel disappointed and confused.

"Hm? Oh no deary. I want you to weed my garden."

Mira looked at the ground to see thick green weeds at least five inches tall...everywhere. "You...want me...to weed...this whole garden?"

"Yes but don't pressure yourself. Just do as much as you can. Oh and be back before sundown." Frida turned to walk away.

"You are leaving me?"

"Yes of course. Compared to you I have loads of more work to do. When you are done just walk straight towards the sunset and you will find my den. Well then, see you at dinner."