Chapter 45

To say time was of the essence was an understatement. Warriors had already been hunting the rebels very intently this past few weeks so they were gaining a better idea of where they may be located but that was all the intel they had so far.

There was no information on what resources they had, their numbers, or even their exact location to be precise. Instead of worrying about all the details they didn't know, they put their focus on something they could do, preparation.

They had a decent number of fifty warriors in their small little army. That didn't include all the scouts scattered across the territories that could come to aid when called. They gathered weapons, supplies, and went over battle tactics.

They had managed to find over five rebels scattered across the territories but none had talked. They ended up being executed and their bodies hung in the trees to send a message. Their original approaches of capturing rebels for intel was scrapped since not one in recent years had ever talked. Every rebel was now given a kill on sight sentence.

The next two days were spent sharpening weapons, going over battle strategies, and plans. The physical number of Grizzly shifters were small compared to wolves but they excelled greatly in fighting. Some of it was their physical size but most of it was because they worked as a well oiled machine and each played their role very well.

Everyone in the village was on high alert and everyone was pitching in every way they could. The women were packing food, bandages, and prepping their partners for battle. Even the kids were working by helping with small tedious labor chores.

Despite the high energy in working there was a heavy presence in the air. War against other Grizzlies ment a high chance of some of their men not coming home. Men who were father's and husbands and dearly cherished.

Mira watched the women in the village look at their men all with similar gazes. It was a mixture of love, concern and fear. Despite their differences, seeing this situation tugged on her heart strings for them.

"Alright, any questions? No? Good, let's get back to work!" Xander's voice boomed above the crowd and they all scattered like field mice. All except Mira who stood with a frown on her face as she watched the men disperse.

Xander waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention. "Hey pup, are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine." She said absentmindedly.

"Okay because I'm starting to get a bit jealous with the way you are staring at those guys. They also looked a bit concerned with your intense stare." He spoke with a bit of humor as he approached her.

"What? No...I just uh...want to get a good feel of what all our men look like. I've been asking their names as well." Mira still looked focused and slightly concerned.

"For what? Having second guesses about me?" He trailed his fingers down the side of her face and down her neck.

Mira scoffed. "Oh come on." She smacked his arm playfully. "I just don't want to...hurt...anyone of ours in the middle of battle. The real problem is I don't know what anyone's Grizzly looks like except yours and Chase's. Maybe if they all shift for me once then I can study them all-"

"Mira." Xander rested the palm of his hand on the side of her face to get her attention. "Don't worry. You won't hurt anyone from our side."