Chapter 69: Voldemort's Demise

Mulai dari awal

"Harry, no way!" Hermione immediately objects, Ron objecting similarly.

"Not right away." Harry answers with a casual shrug. "At the end of the hour. Once he gathers the last of his dwindling army. Remember that secret weapon of ours?" He adds to me with a cocky wink and a grin, and my eyes widen. He's still very much under the influence of the Felix Felicis, so I just beam at him. If the potion is making him think that's the best thing to do, then who am I to fight against pure luck?

"Good luck with that, Harry." I muster up as much confidence as I can and grin at him, then it falls flat at the realization. "In less than one hour, the battle will be over." I grab the diary out of the pouch, my hands once again shaking.

"You didn't find a way to sever the link, did you?" Harry says quietly, understanding the most how much Tom means to me.

"There was one way, but it takes time, and can't be done within an hour." I say sadly. "He worked so hard to gain true remorse, he was ready. I needed more time..." I start to cry again, and Dad pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Princess." Dad whispers out, kissing the top of my head. "Spend the last hour with him."

"I can't." I sob out. "It would be too hard. It hurts too much."

"Than just hold the diary." Remus says softly. "Hold it, and let him feel what you're feeling. You always can feel his emotions, for once, let him feel yours." I take in his words, and feel my walls drop. I let all my emotions run freely, letting my Occlumency walls drop enough that I know Tom can feel me, and I pour as much as I can into it.

"I can take it at the end for you, if you need me to." Dad offers quietly after some time of us sitting together. "I realize how much you care for him, I know it would hurt you so much more to be the one to end him."

"No." I object immediately. "I want him to feel me until the very end. If he's going to be destroyed, it should be by my hand. I care for him the most, I want to be the last one to connect with him. I made a promise... I promised I wouldn't be selfish today. I vowed already that if I didn't have a counter plan, that the life of one wouldn't outweigh the lives of many." I sob out quietly, tears forming again. "I can do this."

"Then I will just hold you as you do." Dad says, squeezing my shoulder comfortingly. "I'm sorry you didn't find any methods to save him in time."

I spent the rest of the hour just brainstorming. My mind and my heart were fighting each other. My mind wanted to think of different contingency plans and how to deal with Voldemort and save others and find a way to stop the war. My heart wanted nothing more than to take the diary and run away right now. 

By the time the hour was up and Harry was bravely leading the army back outside for the second round of the war, I hadn't come to any conclusions. I took a second round of my eye potion, putting my bow on my back that someone had found for me in the rubble during the hour. I glanced all around at our gathered allies and the remaining enemies. 

The sun was beginning to set now over the forest, and I found my eyes trailing that way. And there in the tree line, I found a familiar handsome face already staring at me, his hooves moving him out of the shadows of the trees so I could see him clearly. Posocus gave me a look, almost as if he was there just to observe my next actions. I know the prophecy his kind have for me tells of me going one of two ways, and this now must be the deciding moment.

"Harry Potter." Voldemort's cold, high pitched voice rings out clearly once our two armies meet. I'm right by Harry's side, my face blank and not betraying the storm of emotions I've had today. "The boy who lived, come to die." He then turns his snake like eyes to me. "And you even brought me my new weapon. Abigail Black, a ruthless killer, far more evil then most of my servants. You stand on the wrong side of this war, my dear. You belong here, with me. Just as your uncle once stood by my side, so shall you."