Bounty Hunter Bean Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Koga tried talking to the witch we brought to the castle to get information from her. After he couldn't get anything out of her, he left into the woods and never returned," Mertz explained.

"Oh, I'm sure he's fine," said Bean, waving him off. "He'll be back tonight, maybe or something."

"Well, if you run into Koga, tell him we're going to have another herculean beetle fight in barracks!" said Pendergast as he and Mertz walked off.

"Um, guys..." said Elfo, looking up at Bean. "Do you think that Koga is ok?"

Bean sighed and looked down at Elfo."Elfo, it's Koga. Koga is damn near invincible. He'll be okay," she said as she and Luci began walking. 

But Elfo didn't move. "Koga might be strong, but that doesn't mean he can't die! What if something happened?"

Bean groaned. "Look, Elfo, there's nothing to worry about; I'm irritated and sober and need a drink!"

Elfo frowned. "What kind of friends are you? Koga could be getting tortured or worse! We need to go look for him!"

"Yeah, my feet are pointed this way, so it's a no-go for me," said Luci.

"UGH! I can't believe you guys!" said Elfo. "Fine! I'll go look for Koga myself!" he shouted as he turned around and stormed off. Bean and Luci looked at each other, shrugged, and continued to the bar.

...

"Stupid Jerks!" Elfo muttered. "What kind of friend doesn't worry about another? Ugh! I don't understand them sometimes!" Something caught his eye as Elfo walked down the dirt path briefly. On the right, he saw peppermint candy embedded into the ground along with gumdrops. "Oh wow!" He said excitedly as he knelt and took a bite from the gumdrop. Elfo would begin taking a bite out of each gumdrop he saw while not noticing that he was walking down the peppermint path. As Elfo took one last bite of a gumdrop, he stepped straight into a door. "OW!" He yelped as he rubbed his face. "What did I walk into-Oh? Wow!" He said in awe as he stood in front of a gingerbread house. "Ohoho, don't mind if I do!" He said as he leaped, grabbed hold of the windowless door, and began licking the candy cane frames. Elfo would lick away at the tasty candy cane frame till he screamed and fell back onto the ground. Two round blond-haired people were eyeing him through the front door. One had short blond hair and was wearing a tethered green shirt that was too small for him since it showed his chubby stomach. The other had blond pigtails and wore a green dress with black buttons.

"Looks like we have a candy cane licker!" said The Short Blonde-haired man named Hansel, grinning at his sister Gretel.

Gretel would giggle and open the gingerbread window door. "Come in, little green Elf! The candy canes taste much better. Less bird droppings."

"Oh, thank you, who are you two?" The curious Elf asked.

"He's Hansel."

"Und, she's Gretel!"

Elfo rubs his chin. "So Gretel and Hansel?"

"Nein, Hansel And Gretel!" Hansel shouted. "Now, please come in. Schenll!"

Elfo flinches at Hansel's last word and hurries inside the gingerbread house. Once Elfo was situated, he sat in the living room with Hansel. Elfo looked around the living room and stared at all the candy-themed decorations. Everything ranged between candy-cane tables, gummy shelves, and even the gingerbread sofa he was sitting on. All of this reminded him of his home back at the elm. That was somewhat of a turn-off, considering he left his home searching for new experiences. Elfo loved eating the candy that Gretel was serving, but despite all of this, something was off. Elfo couldn't put his finger on it, but something didn't feel right. That's when Elfo caught a whiff of a putrid smell.

"BLEH!" Elfo cringed as he covered his nose. "Oh my god, what's that smell?"

"Hansel!" Gretel said as she batted her eyes at him.

"What? It's not me!" Hansel said defensively.

Elfo was confused. He should be smelling candy, icing, and other sweet things. So why on earth was he smelling something so horrible? It didn't make any sense. As Elfo's eyes began to wander in search of some answers to his questions, he noticed certain spots in the room were damaged. It looked like the two siblings tried fixing it but had done it poorly. Then, Elfo saw something on the breaded walls. It looked...just like sword marks.

"Um...did something happen in here?" Elfo asked.

"What do you mean?" Gretel asked.

"Well...some of the stuff in here looks-"

"Oh, don't worry about that!" Hansel said, cutting Elfo off. "Gretel und I just had a bit of a fight, is all!"

"Oh, I see-wait..." Elfo placed down the candies he was eating and walked over to the corner of the room. Leaning next to a breaded bookcase...was Koga's sword. "T-This is my friend's sword..."

"What?" said Gretel, confused.

"This sword! It belongs to my friend Koga!" Elfo said, turning around to them. But then...Elfo's eyes were beginning to weigh, and all his energy left his body. "W-Why am I so tired? I..." He yawned, getting so tired that he couldn't even stand.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look so sleepy!" said Gretel as she walked over to him and picked him up. "Come on...let's get you somewhere nice and cosy...."

"B-But...K-Koga..."

"Oh, don't worry, little Elf...you'll join him soon..."