Rescue II

Pov

Sophia looked at the boy, her business smile plastered on his face. Bell's eyes widened as he instantly recognized the woman.

"You're from the Guild! How did you even get here?!"

Bell yelled.

"Your Goddess put up a quest of finding you, and now I'm here. For your second question, hmmm..."

Sophia stayed silent for a moment, then answer.

"Does it matter when someone has come to save you?"

Bell felt relief that someone had come to save him and his party. As he was about to speak again, he was picked up by Sophia and started to inspect his body. Bell could only feel embarrassed as Sophia touched all over his body.

"W-what are -"

Bell was about to yell, but Sophia grabbed his face as she stared deep into his eyes, still smiling. Bell looked into Sophia's gray eyes and noticed they had a slight red glow to them. Sophia then let go of him.

"It would seem that you have minor bruising and scrapes here and there, but you're lucky nonetheless."

Sophia then looked behind Bell and saw the two unconscious people on the ground, then looked back at Bell.

"It would be best if we moved now to the 18th floor before any more monsters come. I'll carry the redhead you carry the small one. Ah, by the way, my name is Sophia. Nice to meet you."

Sophia then picked up the man on her shoulder as Bell did the same with the Pallum. Then both proceeded to move deeper into the dungeon without much interaction as Bell was breathing heavily, trying to keep up with Sophia in front of him.

"Um....Ms. Sophia, do you mind if we rest for a bit?"

Sophia then stopped and looked at Bell, her smile still on stuck on her face. Bell couldn't help but look away since it made him slightly uncomfortable. Since Sophia had only made one face since they met and it hasn't at all changed.

"We only have 5 minutes left until we reach our destination. Please keep up."

Before Bell could say anything else, Sophia took the girl from his shoulder and carried her moving at a slightly slower pace as it was easier for him to move now. Bell felt bad as he saw Sophia having to carry his party members for him as he continued to follow Sophia.

Soon, they both stopped to see a large opening in front of them. Next to it was a wall that looked to be made from crystals.

"So that's the Great Wall of Lamentation."

Bell says as he looks at the wall. Then Sophia spoke.

"Run"

Before Bell could say anything else, the wall began to crack and a large roar could be heard. Sophia and Bell then began to run as rocks started to fall on them, having to move out of the way from getting squashed. Soon, they arrived at the entrance of the 18th floor, and both jumped with Bell tumbling down and rolling like a rag doll while Sophia was sliding down the way down. Both arriving at the final arrival at 18th Floor Bell soon passed out from exhaustion.

Sophia Pov-

Six minutes......It took us 6 minutes to arrive here. Makes since I had to carry both of Bell's party members on my shoulders, and Goliath just had to spawn right then and there for what reason.

I heaved a sigh as I looked to see Bell knocked out cold on the grassy floor. In front of him, I see a girl with blond hair and golden eyes looking at Bell passed out on the floor. This girl was one of the strongest members of the Loki Familia, Ais Wallenstein. She then looked up at me. I give her my usual smile.

"Hello! Could you please help us? These two and the boy in front of you are currently injured. I'll be sure to give you compensation for the trouble."

Ais only nodded as she picked up Bell as I followed her to her camp. The walk wasn't long as she then went into a tent, and inside, I saw a few other members of the Loki Familia. There was Rivera, the elf, Gareth, a large dwarf, and finally, there was the Pallum and Captin of the Loki Familia Finn. Finn noticed us and looked at us confused.

"Ais, who are those people?"

Before the girl could speak, I had spoken first.

"My apologies, Captin of the Loki Familia. You see, my friends here are in dire need of help and faced many hardships getting here. I was hoping your group could help us and I'll be sure to give compensation for the help."

I said to Finn with a smile on my face that he looked to be uncomfortable as he held his thumb. He then smiled back at me. Was my smile off?

"Of course, adventures must stick together, and please don't worry about compensation."

"Thank you very much, sir."

I then followed Ais out of the tent and followed her into a smaller tent. Ais then laid Bell down on the floor as I did the same with his party members. I then looked back at Ais.

"Thank you for letting us borrow this tent."

"No problem..."

Ais looked back at Bell for a couple of seconds and then left. Does she have an interest in the boy? Whatever, it's really none of my business. I then patted Bell's white hair. It was so similar to her hair, but his eyes were just like his father's.

"This wasn't the plan."

I say in a low voice, my smile no longer on my face since I saw no point in trying to keep up appearances. He was supposed to stay in that village for the rest of his life and die there peacefully, but now he's here putting his life in danger. I could force him back, but he now has a connection to that Goddess. I have to remove that Goddess blessing and take him back to the village for his safety.

'He's a lot quieter when he sleeps compared to back then.'

I thought to myself as I took out a bracelet with a green gem in it and put it on his wrist. The bracelet then glowed and shrunk to fit his wrist.

"I'll let you continue what you're doing, but with how reckless you are, you will surely die soon. When that happens..."

I place my finger on his chest where his heart is located.

" I'll be sure to take you back."

Rivera Pov

Ais and the woman that I was sure the girl with the metal collar around her neck, that also worked in the Guild. Though whenever I look at her, she reminds me of someone, who were they? She looked so familiar. Then I heard Finn speak.

"Gareth, Rivera, I need you to keep an eye on those people. Especially the women with the collar. That woman...."

'Ahh, I guess he noticed too.'

I noticed that Finn was holding his thumb tightly as I saw Gareth look stern. That woman.....

"Is dangerous."

------------------------------------------