Choices

Pov

The room is silent as Sophia stares at Bell.

"Of course, I want to be an adventurer. I want to do this to get stronger." Bell said, determined.

Sophia only stared but sighed.

"Very well if you want to continue adventuring, then so be it. Your mother told me to protect you, and I intend to do that now that you're here." Sophia said as she took the paper back from Bell.

"If you had this money, you can pretty much live somewhere else and for the rest of your life safe from danger." Sophia said.

"I'm sorry, but that's not the life I want for myself." Bell said as Sophia only nodded.

"Well, that's fine. However, as long as you're in the Hestia Familia, you still need to pay off this debt, so I have a proposal." Sophia said as she gave Bell another piece of paper.

"This here is 65,816,666.67 Valis. This will pay for 1/3rd of the debt that you currently are in. This is coming from the will and from my own savings. The rest of the debt will be paid by you and your own Famila." Sophia said as both Bell and Eina were amazed by the amount of money.

"H-how did you get this amount of money!!" Eina said, looking over the paper to make sure the numbers were right.

"I'm a minimalist. And when you're a realtor in Daedalus and have a lot of free time, you get a lot of money out of it." Sophia said, smiling.

"If you did this, why did you even work at the Guild?" Eina asked as Sophia only shrugged.

"Anyway, is this a good deal for you, Bell?" Sophia asked.

"Well -" Bell was about to answer, but Eina got between them.

"Wait a minute, Bell 65 million valis is too good to be true. What's the catch?" Eina asked.

Sophia only smiled.

"No, catch, I'm just looking out for my Mistress's son is all. It's all on that contract paper. No schemes, no magic, just a paper and a free 65 million valis."

Eina took the paper from Bell and looked it over. As Eina did, she couldn't find any faults and no twisted words on the contract.

"The Valis, I wanna see it." Eina said, frowning at Sophia.

"Of course here." Sophia said as she brought out a pouch of valis.

"This right here is 50,000 valis. The rest is in the safe that I have with the Guild with the will money." Sophia said quickly, putting the bag of Valis on the table and then shaking her hand like it was in pain, although her face didn't show it

Eina took the Valis and looked inside to see a lot of gold coins in the bag.

"I'll have to count this and check with the Guild Master if your words are true." Eina said, closing the bag and standing up.

"Of course, Four Eyes take all the time you need."

Eina left the room as it was now only Bell and Sophia in the room. There was silence as Sophia only looked at the papers in front of her. Then it was Bell that broke the silence.

"Um, Miss Sophia." Bell said awkwardly.

"Yes, Bell?"

"What.....What was my mother like?" Bell asked as Sophia seemed to stay still.

Sophia was silent as you could hear the chain of her collar click together from her, moving up to look at Bell. Bell felt like he had said something wrong and was about to say something, but Sophia interrupted.