The Boy

Sophia POV

I stayed in the dungeon for 1 month just training the members of the Xenos. Last time I didn't have time since I had many things to do but now...

"Raaaaaaah"

"Your wide open!"

I hit Lyd on the side with my stick as he recoiled from the attack. Smacking his knee he fell on the floor.

"Boss you have most definitely improved but you are too open to attacks. You are fast on your feet use that to your advantage."

"You got it, Sophia."

I pick him up as I look at the Xenos most were all tired and looked to be bruised.

"Good job all of you! I can tell you all have made some improvements. Those that have failed I expect better from you! The next time I come here I want everyone to pass so I make myself clear!"

"Yes, Ma'am!!"

They all said in unison as I threw away the now almost broken stick

"Good your all dismissed."

I said as they all quickly left knowing if they move slowly I give more pun- training.

"Did you have to go so hard on them?"

I look back to see Ray comes towards me and I only smile.

"They live in the dungeon and the dungeon does not have mercy on those that are weak."

"True but still..."

There were a couple of seconds of silence as I only for me to pat her back.

"Don't worry too much they should be fine with all the training I put on them. Those that can't fight can just run away"

I say giving her my usual smile and a thumbs up. She smiles at me and nods. Taking my long sword I get ready to leave.

"Are you sure that you can't stay here a little longer?"

"Sorry I must go back I still have a life up there and someday I hope to bring you all with me. For now, I must go back."

I say as I take my leave not saying anything else.

/////////////

Making my way up the dungeon with no problems. Finally making it out in two hours. Looking up at the sky I see that it is dark out. The air felt as clear as ever. I take out a cigarette from the box and see that I only have 3 left.

"I'll have to make more when I come back to the dungeon..."

Using magic to make a small flame on my finger and making my way toward the Guild.

/////////////////////////////////

I look through more papers and see what's been going on while I was away. Nothing, in particular, had happened other than the Monsterphilia where monsters were let loose.

"Hmm...."

Looking at one paper in particular I look at the profile of the boy known as Bell Cranell. Could it be him.....

"Well, there is only one way to find out."

I stand up and go to the front where Eina was doing reception work. If I wanted to get any information on him it would be her. Finally making it to the front I look to see both her and the boy talking. I put on my usual smile and make my way to the front. That was until I heard Eina scream.

"Whaaaaaaat you are already Level 2!!"

......what.....

Pov

Both Eina and Bell were in a private room Eina was checking the text on his back.

Eina was checking Bell's stats checking for herself if what he said was true. She was shocked as she had confirmed that Bell was indeed now level 2. Eina could only smile as Bell was also smiling happily that he was able to reach level 2.

"Well, it's confirmed you are level 2 and also set a new record."

"Thank you, Ms. Eina"

The two continued to chat as the door opened to reveal Sophia as she came in.

"Hey Sophia you shouldn't be here I'm having a private-"

"Rabbit."

Eina shut her mouth something was off with Sophia. She wasn't smiling like usual and her voice sounded more serious and stern. It wasn't a side that Eina saw often and for some reason scared her.

Bell also felt an ominous feeling coming from her. Still, the more he looked at her the feeling that he knew her started to develop in the back of his mind.

"I heard that you reached Level 2. Only in such a short time as well."

Sophia came closer to Bell as he felt nervous about this woman the chains that were on her collar clicked together as she moved. Soon she stood next to Bell. Bell didn't know what to say. The words were just not forming in his mind as he looked up at the woman with her cold dead eyes. There was only silence as the three of them didn't speak a word. Then it was Sophia that broke the silence again after she looked to be done examining the boy.

"You've gotten bigger."

"Huh..."

Before Bell could say anything else Sophia gone ahead and gone to leave the room. Before she left she looked back and had her usual smile and her eyes looked to have life in them again.

"Sorry just wanted to say congrats. Hope I didn't mess up anything. Bye!"

She closed the door as the room became silent again. Both Bell and Eina had the same thought and wanted to know.

'What just happened?'

Sophia Pov-

It's confirmed I don't even have to say his name to confirm it. That boy is most definitely Bell Cranell the boy that I left with that perverted God many years ago. Why! Why is he here he should be safe in that village not here in Orario!

I sat at my desk unable to focus on the tasks in front of me. All I can think about is why he was here! My whole body was shaking uncontrollably as too many thoughts were going through me. I have to get him out of here. What happened to that God? What if.....What if that boy doesn't.....

I remember back to my mistress as she stood in the garden looking at the flowers. I take a deep breath letting my nerves settle as I look back down at the papers.

"What should I do mistress..."

-------------------

Interesting