Break in

Sophia Pov

I take walk through the streets trying to find the Soma Familia. I believe they were close by walking down another alleyway to see a building with the Soma Familia logo on it. I didn't want to visit the Soma Familia but that incident with Ranye a month ago when I first met her still needed to be sorted. Even though when I ate the souls of the two members and didn't have any information on the pouching of the Xenos it's always best to double check. Especially with how the members are acting and their desperation for money.

"Alright, how to get in..."

Looking around I go to the back and see the back door. I tried opening it but it seemed to be locked. Taking out a pick from my pocket I pick the lock and.

*Click*

The door unlocks and I had access to the building. Sadly I don't have the skills for sneaking around. That's more of Fels job but they are busy at the moment. If only I had eaten a soul with the ability or skill to be undetectable then this would be easy. Oh well, I'll just do the next best thing.

"Touch of the Forgotten, Sleep"

Both of my gloved hands glowed red as I entered the building luckily no one was around looking around I make my way upstairs being careful not to make a sound. Seeing the many doors I look around to see any life force that was around. It would seem that most of the people are inside the rooms. Walking around I found a room that had no one in it. Opening the door I see a regular office room walking to the desk I try opening the drawers but they were locked I went ahead and lock picked it and it opened easily. Looking through the papers I see that they're were a bunch of fraudulent documents and some papers of them selling illegal drugs. I sigh as I went ahead and stored them in my pocket. Honestly who hides this kind of stuff in plain sight? You would think they would hide it in a more secure place.

I lock the drawer and made sure I didn't leave much evidence of me being there as I was about to exit the room I felt someone coming close. I look around and couldn't find a hiding spot anywhere in the office. 'This seems troublesome' I think to myself as I see the door open to reveal one of the Soma Familia members.

"Hey who-"

Before he could do anything I ran at him and grabbed his head with both my hands he tried getting me off him but quickly passed out. With the magic, I used, he should have just fallen asleep and will forget everything that's happened with me as I put the man on the couch. I left the room with no one around and decided it was a good idea for me to leave before I get caught. Making my way downstairs making sure no one was around I started to make my way to the door when suddenly I stopped.

Looking down I felt the life force of someone dying. Although not just anyone. It felt like a monster from the dungeon... Turning back I look around the house going door to door that had no one in them only to find a cellar hiding away from under a carpet.

Opening a door I see stairs that descend I felt the life force of the dying monster close. Making my way down the stairs I see what looks like a dungeon and no one guarding the place. Getting closer to the monster that was in there I see a sad sight.

It was a humanoid fish that you would find on the 25th floor in the dungeon. It was chained up by its hands and stakes in its limbs to make sure they couldn't move. I looked into its eyes and see that it had silver eyes. It had the eyes of reason it was like me a Xenos. I try to open the door only to see that it was locked. I pick the lock even if the lock was a bit rusted. After a couple of seconds, it opens as I make my way toward the person only to hear it whimper.

"Please no more....just let me die..."

They say looking down at the floor. Looking at the monster I see that even if I were to take them out of here they wouldn't make it. Its body was dried up like a fish out of water and it would by the look of it they only splashed a bit of water for them to survive. I put my hands up trying to make myself harmless to them.

"I'm not here to hurt you I'm here and try to get you out of the here..."

I say to them they look up at me as they growl in anger they speak their voice barely audible.

"Please even if I were to get out of here I know I'm at death's door. So please just kill me..."

There was couple of seconds of silence as I spoke again.

"Are you sure you want this?"

They only nod at me as I place one of my hands on their heads making him fall asleep. I take off one of my gloves and hold his hand draining whatever life force he had in him they soon turned into smoke leaving a magic stone on the floor as I pick it up and leave.

////////////////////////////////////////

Making my way back to the Guild to tell Fels what I found I noticed how empty the streets were usually there are people all walking around this area.

"Strange"

I say to myself about to make a turn for an alley when suddenly I see someone all too familiar run past me and carrying his Goddess around on his back behind him I see three people in what looks like people from the Apollo Familia chasing him.

"He's getting away! After him!"

One of them says as they also run past me. Shaking my head I ignore what just happened and made my way back to the Guild.