Mission

Sophia POV

I stared at Fels my cheerful mask completely off. I went back to work before leaving when they finally started to speak as I continue to organize the last few papers.

"I see you're doing well Sophia. Has the Guild been treating you well?"

I didn't answer as I put all the papers back in the drawer. I went to leave but Fels got in my way.

"You could at least answer."

"What is it that you want, you don't come to me unless you need something from me."

"Ouranos needs you to go help the Xenos. The secret passageways that they use have been discovered by a few adventures."

"So you would like me to scout and protect the noncombat Xenos? The usual"

I say as I touch my collar hearing the chain move. Staring at Fels in his dark hood unable to see their faces. He only nods as I sigh going to get my equipment from my locker and a few documents before leaving.

"Your work is always appreciated, Sophia."

They said before leaving into the shadows. I walk out of the Guild with my long sword and cloak on me and get ready to head out to the dungeon. The city is somewhat noisy since the night is still young. I can hear chatter in alleyways and the playing of instruments in other places. I ignore the noise and continue to the dungeon ignoring everything around me until my concentration was lost when someone bumped into me. Looking down I see the boy known as Bell sitting on the ground as he rubbing his head. I put on my smile and give him a hand.

"You know you should look up  when running maybe we wouldn't be meeting like this."

He looks up at me but instead of taking my hand he gets himself up and starts running away. Strange I wonder what's on his mind. Before I can continue that thought I hear a noise behind me and see a man with wolf ears get hit in the head by what looks like an elf with green hair. I was about to leave when someone held my shoulder and saw it was the green elf. Wait isn't her name Riveria?

"Aren't you the woman from the guild?"

"Sorry I think you have the wrong person"

I just smiled and was about to walk away until the wolf-eared guy got in my way as well.  I believe his name was Bete.

"Yeah, I think I do recognize her she's the Guild girl that wears the collar. What are you doing out here with that long sword."

"Sorry I must get going now have a good day."

I say and walk past him. Suddenly I felt Bete grab my shoulder hard and pull me back.

"Hey, I'm talking to y-!"

Out of instinct, I turn around and axe kicked him on the head. I made sure to control my strength so I didn't crush his skull. Although he's a high-level adventurer so he should be fine. He got on his knees and slumped to the floor as I realized what I have done. I see Riveria had a look of shock and I noticed others were watching.

'This wasn't part of the assignment.'

I make my way to Riveria and give her a bag of valis.

"This should be compensation for the damage to your friend I'll be going now."

Before I could let her speak I quickly left the scene and made my way to the dungeon. After a couple of minutes running I finally made it to the dungeon. After going inside it was as quiet as ever with a few monsters here and there Some ignored me others tried attacking me but I quickly dispatched them from bothering me from my objective. Turning a corner of a shortcut I see that boy again beating a group of war shadows as he looked completely exhausted and beaten up. Honestly, I should just move on but .....

I sigh and made my way to the tired rabbit as he noticed me getting close. He looked surprised as I went through my pocket and gave him some healing potions and walked off.

"Um thank you very much!"

He yelled as I continue to make my way deeper to my objective. Taking care of more monsters in my way making it to the 18th level in only an hour.

'Hmm, maybe it might be best if I got food for the others.'

I thought to myself as I went to the village that stayed on the 18th floor since this floor is for the most part peaceful. I question why the dungeon made this area without any monsters but I won't question our mother. Since it offers a  safe place for the Xenos so this could be just on a larger scale. As I went to the village I went to the first stall with food.

"How can I-"

I drop a large bag of Vallis on the table.

"I want as much food as you can give me with this amount of money even if it is not cooked I want it."

The adventurer looked surprised and looked back at me with a smile.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

He then packed the food and gave it to me in a large bag. Enough to feed a whole party of people.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright with all that it's kind of heavy?"

"I'll be fine," I said as I made picked up the bag and put it on my back and left.

I left the village and made my way to the objective the 21st floor and made my way through a secret passageway making sure no one was following me. Walking around in the dark I follow the glowing moss around me until I found a light and make my way toward it. I stop in my tracks to see what looks like a large group of monsters as they look at me as I stare back with my signature smile on my face.

"Good Afternoon everyone your favorite undead monster is here!"

------------------
Wow, it's been a while.