Hunt

Pov

Sophia was walking around in the city known as Rivira browsing the many shops and people there. She wasn't looking for anything other then some herbs for her cigarettes since she didn't feel like finding them but sadly, she had no luck so far. Walking around the shops and looking at the rusty weapons and armor she stopped to see long heavy chains. Sophia picked up the heavy chains and examined them.

"That will be 60,000 valis are you buying or not?"

The man sitting on a dirty rug told Sophia. Sophia only stared at him and put the chains on the ground. Sophia then spoke with her usual business smile.

"Don't you think that is a little overpriced for such chains? Especially since they are of such mediocre quality? "

"Well, my chains my price! Are you paying or not!"

Sophia only dropped on the ground creating a load slam when hitting the ground making the adventurer merchant jump a little. Sophia only left with the merchant yelling at her from behind ignoring him. Sophia then made her way to a certain shop and rang a bell on the desk. The man came out and smiled.

"Well look who it is! Let me guess another large bag of meat and veggies like usual?"

Sophia only nodded her response and put a bag of valis on the counter.

"Get me whatever this can buy..."Sophia said.

"No problem ma'am!"

Sophia then waited for the man to get her the supplies. Nothing happened during that time and had the bag of food on her back. As she made her way out
she sees Bell and his Goddess with him. They looked to be having a good time as Sophia made her way to them.

"Ah, Miss Sophia your here as well?"

Bell says in surprise as Hestia looked at Sophia and waves at her.

" Good Morning Goddess, Rabbit it's a Good day to be in the dungeon isn't it?" Sophia said with a smile on her face.

"Ah well, I guess it is."

Bell said as he sighed when he was called a rabbit. Then he noticed the large bag on Sophia's back.

"By the way Ms. Sophia, what's what's that large bag behind you?"

"Oh, this is nothing much just some meat and all that other stuff. They really good meat down here so I get some whenever I'm down here. Anyways..."

Sophia then looks to Hestia. As she did Hestia couldn't help but feel a tingle up her spine when she looked at her eyes.

"Since you have reunited with your child Goddess I would say my job here is complete. Correct?"

"A-ah right thank you so much for protecting Bell."

Hestia said getting out of her trance. Sophia then looked at Bell. Sophia stared at Bell's white hair and lifted her hand and patted his head. Bell looked confused by the gesture and blushed a bit while Hestia looked angry.

"Um, Ms. Sophia w-what are you doing?"

"Nothing you just...remind me of something."

Sophia said as she looked at Bell's red eyes and felt a slight bit of displeasure when looking into them as she took her hand away from him. Sophia then started to walk away.

"Anyway be safe and remember..."

Sophia turned to Bell one last time and smiled.

"The dungeon is always unpredictable especially if there's a Goddess around."

Soon Sophia left with Bell having a feeling of a bad feeling.

///////////////////////////////////

Sophia was on the 26th floor walking with Lyd on a scouting patrol. The walk was quite too quiet for Lyd and he felt a bit awkward since Sophia wasn't saying anything. Lyd knew that Sophia liked her quiet and would be willing to talk to him if needed but today felt tense. Lyd then finally decided to break the tension.

"So Sophia is anything going on you seem...stressed."

Sophia then stopped walking at looked at Lyd.

"I don't get stressed."

Sophia smiled at Lyd.

"Well you've been quiet since we started scouting I was just wondering if you're okay."

"There is nothing to worry about my friend there are things on the surface that need to be taken care of and I have my hands full. Overall it's nothing to worry yourself with."

Sophia said as she continued walking as Lyd followed. Lyd spoke again.

"You do know that if you need any help the Xenos will help you in any way we can."

"I'll be fine as long as my body works and my head can still have thought. I'll still be able to work."

Sophia said as they both approached a waterfall. In the wall next to the waterfall weeds were growing out of the wall. Sophia approached the wall when suddenly a large Water serpent emerged from the water. The serpent lunged at Sophia trying to eat her.

"Sophia watch out!"

Sophia dodged the attack and pulled out her sword while Lyd did the same. The serpent then attacked again Sophia dodged the attack and quickly cut its head off instantly killing it.

"As usual you make everything seem so easy."

Lyd said as he put away his weapons Sophia then stared at the disintegrating corpse as all that remained were some of its bones and its magic stone. Sophia picked up the magic stone and was going to give it to Lyd.

"Nope, your kill your reward you can have it."

Lyd said as Sophia only shrugged and ate it. She then looked down at the bones of the Water Serpent and picked them up and examined them a bit. She then looked to Lyd.

"You can go back now I'll be out here for a while."

"Are you sure? You know it's dangerous to be alone in the dungeon."

Sophia smiled and looked back at the bones.

"I'll be fine I should be back in 2 hours if not you can come to look for me."

Lyd was hesitant but just nodded as he made his way back. Sophia then took out a cigarette and lit it. She stood there as she noticed monsters were coming out of the walls and water. Sophia took out her sword and looked at them ready to attack her.

"Time for the hunt to begin."

-------------------------------
How was your New Years' and Christmas mine was fine. Anyway sorry for being late but you know life...Anyway hope you like this and see you at the next one I guess...