Troubleing

Sophia Pov

Even though there is no sunlight here to tell time with I can feel like it's almost morning. I don't know how I know but it's just a feeling. I thought about my Guild work but remembered that Ouranos, the big boss. Probably told the Guild I was doing some important Guild duty stuff that only I can do.

I see all the monsters are awake as they all converse with one another. I was sitting away from the group since most of them are wary of me. It's true all of them know that I was a monster but my appearance still makes them wary of me. Soon I see Lyd shout as the Xenos start to listen.

"Alright everyone we're moving to a new safe spot we are doing the usual of going through the dungeon in small groups. The only change is that we are splitting into 5 groups. Understood!"

My mind starts to wander as I touch the collar that was around my neck. I knew I could leave it off without worry, but I felt to just put it back on for comfort maybe. As I continue to think of the past my body became jittery again and I had to take a deep breath to calm my nerves. Suddenly I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Lyd call my name.

"The Final group of Xenos will consist of Fear, Helga, Aruru, Fo, Bones, and Wiess. The leader of this group will be Sophia. You guys will be carrying our supplies to the new safe spot."

Lyd looks to me if I agree. I know I was supposed to protect the weaker members but also carrying all our supplies to the next zone is inefficient. I have to talk to Lyd, Gros, and Ray about this way of transportation.

I look at him and just nod agreeing to what I need to do. As he looks back at the other Xenos.

"That is all. Everyone else in the first group let's start moving now!"

Lyd turned as he had the large group of Xenos follow. He gave me a thumbs-up as he leaves I only smile and give a nod. I walk to the group that I was assigned with. There was Helga a hellhound, Fo a Fomoire, Aruru a little Almiraj, Bones an Orc, Wiess a large Frog and finally there was Fear who was a Harpy. From what I know they can't talk other than make mumbles and groans. I smile as I look at my group.

"Alright everyone while everyone is starting to leave let's go ahead and pack up the supplies."

They all nod as they start to get ready. I was starting to pack some food when I noticed Ray coming to me. Then she spoke

"If you don't mind I would like to carry the camping supplies with our group."

"That is what I wanted to say as well. Take them so when the last group gets there everything will be ready. I would also like to have Gros take a small portion of the food supplies so you guys don't go starving waiting for us."

Ray nods as she leaves me be as I pack as much food as I can inside this one bag and go to the next. Looking down at my hand I notice my hand was shakey as I take a deep breath calming my nerves. 'I wanna smoke...'. I continue to pack bags as quickly as possible.

Soon Gros's group left with a small portion of the food while Ray's group left with some of the camping supplies. That just leaves us with clothing, weapons, food, and other things. I see that it's all put away on a small cart that looked ruff for wear.

'I should get them a new one.'

I thought to myself as I looked at my group.

"Is everyone ready!?"

They all roared in confirmation as I nodded pulling the cart with me as we were about to leave.

"Um, Ms. Sophia..."

I turn around and see Fear look at me with concern.

"Are you sure you can carry that we can have Bones or Fo do it?"

I smile at her.

"It will be fine besides I may not look it but I am much stronger than I appear."

I continue to walk as everyone follows me. This cart in all honesty was light work for me. Besides, it should be fine since Lyds group should have taken care of any problems that may arise from walking there. As I continue to think in silence I then heard Fear again.

"Ms. Sophia, may I ask a question?"

"Ask away."

"Well, what's it like working with all the people of the surface does it make you nervous that one day you might get caught?"

I silently hum to myself as I answer her question.

"I have been working with the people of the surface for many years now. Even still I am still cautious of them since man and monster aren't ready for us yet."

Fear looked saddened at my last sentence as I continued.

"Not to worry I'm sure one day I will take you all to the surface to bask in the sunlight as I have."

I then see her smile. I smile at her as well knowing that I told her a lie. As I continue pulling the cart I detect other life ahead of us as I stop. One monster and two other life forms. They must be adventures but how come there so close? No, it's to be expected since the safe zone is close to the 21st-floor entrance. I turn to the others and point at Fear.

"I know you guys may not like it but I need to go ahead a little bit just in case. Harpy you take charge and protect the others with the Fomoire."

I run ahead as I get closer to the two adventures and the weak monster signature they may have stumbled on this path but I'll quickly help and divert them away from the path. As I finally got close to them my mood slightly changed as I see the two adventures feeling up an Aracne. Blooded and beaten with its mouth stuffed with a metal gag still awake. I see into Aracnes eyes and notice the emotion of it being scared. It was one of the Xenos kin.

"Monster Fetishist..."

I grab my long sword and quickly run toward them. Before they could even notice me I decapitated them both. Putting my sword away I went to check on Aracne to see that she had many cuts and two of her legs were broken. I slowly try to loosen the gag on her she looked at me ready to bite.

"I'm not going to hurt you just trying to help."

As I take the gag off I quickly dodge as she spewed acid at me seeing that it was practically melting the floor.

"Get...away from..."

Before she could say anything else she had passed out from exhaustion I sigh to myself as I look at the two adventures I just killed. I see two wisps come from their bodies as they go into me. Analyzing the information and skills from their souls I see that they are from the Soma Familia however they don't have any information on the poaching that's been going on. Still, I should investigate them before I get back as I turn to get my group.

--------------