Training

Sophia Pov

My group had finally made it to the new site. As I had Fo carry the Aracne back with us. I was with Lyd discussing what had happened and I can see him have a sour look on his face.

"Well, it was good that you saved her on time. We should go back and cover any way of getting in here just to make sure."

I nod and only smile.

"Anyway, I have to speak to you about how you on manage your supplies."

I continue as I see Lyd have nervous look on his face.

"Well, I-"

"Honestly if I didn't have G carry some of the food you would have been waiting to eat and some of the Xenos are already tired."

As I began to speak I can see Ray and Gros looking away when they saw me look in their direction.

"Lady, G I need you two to listen as well you two also need this."

As I continue to speak to them on the importance of maintaining equipment and rationing. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn and see it was Fels.

"I believe they get the point. Just let them off for today as I'll have another cart brought down here."

I look to see the leaders of the Xenos looking at Fels as a glimmer of hope. I sigh as I go to speak again.

"Sorry I was ranting again just make sure you maintain the equipment that we have that's all."

They all have a sigh of relief as I sit down away from the group. Fels sat next to me. Looking down at my leg, it was bouncing as I hold it and take a deep breath. I have to be calm.

"Hows was the travel here?"

Fels asked getting out of my head for a moment and then answer.

"It was fine there was only one incident where we found another one of our kin being played with by some adventures. I took care of it of course."

I say as I look at the other Xenos talking and having fun.

"Apparently it was some members of the Soma Familia. Sadly it's not the poachers that we are looking for?"

I then heard Fels speak as I look back at them again.

"I think we should still be cautious. I'll look into them later"

I nod my head and continued.

"So what did you give as an excuse for my absence from the guild."

"Investigation of health and safety of Orario."

"Ah so like last time hmm. Alright, I'll weave up a good story when I get back."

They only nod as they got something from their robe and take out a small box.

"Thanks, Skelly I ran out a few days ago."

"You should have told me if that were the case."

I open the box and take out a cigarette from the box and put the tip of my finger on the cigarette.

Le Flare

I say using a bit of magic as a small black flame was lit on my finger as I inhaled the smoke. The current of emotions and anxiety that was within me quickly silenced as I returned to my neutral self. I then heard Fels speak.

"Don't you think it's a little strange that someone that creates smoke from their body likes to smoke."

I only shrug my shoulders as I continue breathing in the smoke. Suddenly I look at Fels in confusion as he gives me documents and folders full of papers. It was the names of some of the families and nobles around Orario. It also had the names of people that trade with the city of who came in and out.

"This is for?"

"I'm going to do some investigation on these people. That being said I would like you to stay here. Find anything that may be suspicious in the Dungeon."

"Wasn't that my job from the start?"

I say as I flick the now burned-out cigarette on the ground and step on it putting it out. My emotions are put to a halt for the time being as I stand up putting on my fake smile.

"I'll be sure to not disappoint."

I look to see Fels nod as they stand up as well and leave as I look back at the Xenos chatting with one another and the blazing fire in front of them.

//////////////////////

I stood in front of some of the Xenos as my arms were crossed looking to see Fear, Aruru, and the new member now known as Ranye. Lyd and Gros were also there watching as specters

"How you feel spider?"

I said as she frowned at me angry at what I said.

"I have a name you know."

"Ah well you see Sophia can't say people's names or else they die. It's not that she's being rude or-"

Fear tried to defend me but I interrupted.

"Harpy chit-chat is not what we're here for today. Last time I checked you failed my exam."

I can see Fear visibly gulp as she stood straighter than a pencil. I see Aruru also looking nervous. Ranye then spoke.

"What even are you? You smell like one of us but you look completely human."

"Not important but since you wanna talk the most you are up first."

I pick up the stick that I had next to me and swung it around.

"Your goal is to incapacitate me. Whatever way you think is best is allowed. If I take you down you fail. Understood?

I swung the stick one final time and pointed it at her.

"You have 1 minute go."

I can see the frustration on her face as she charged me.

"Don't underestimate m-!"

I swung the stick into her stomach as she held her stomach as I took the opportunity and got behind her and grabbed her arms and put the stick in her mouth. She tried to spew acid but only got it on herself. Soon one minute had passed as she was still unable to move. I let go and she started to cough up the acid that was still in her throat.

"Are you okay?"

Gros went up to her and she could only nod.

"Spider you have failed, sit over there and rest until I'm done with these two."

She only growls at me as she walked away I looked at Fear and pointed at her.

"Your next."

------------------------------
Changed the description. Should I also change the title....Anyway hope you all are enjoying this so far. Until the next chapter.