Chapter 55

"Are you ready?" James asked Ardeth.

"Yes." Ardeth nodded.

"In the count of three." James said and started counting as they tried to lift the huge mahogany door of Elizabeth's home.

"It's very heavy, how did you manage to break it." James huffed.

"The door is huge but the bolts aren't, they came undone within a few minutes." Ardeth shrugged. "By the way,  instead of complaining you should tell me about how successful your date was yesterday." He whispered.

"It was wonderful, at least for me." James grinned. "The writer seems to be a bit thick headed and she is not getting my hints. I thought writers are pretty good when it comes to romance stuff." He sulked.

"Well that's cause she is a horror story writer not a romance writer, be grateful she didn't take you for some creepy serial killer." Ardeth joked.

"What do you think I should do now to change her genre?"

"Take her out on a proper date, ask her out."

"Won't it mess the things up?" James asked being skeptical.

"Instead of wasting time beating around the bush, take a dive, if it succeeds you will have a girlfriend or else we will sign you up for a dating app." Ardeth shrugged.

"Hello people, I brought drinks for you."  Elizabeth announced as she walked out of her home with a tray.

"Thanks Elizabeth, I love this lemonade, especially the hint of mint in it." James said drinking the lemonade.

"Mint? Where? I can't taste any mint in my lemonade?" Ardeth frowned taking another sip from his drink to check.

"Err... I added mint in James's lemonade since I observed that he likes minty flavour, from our dinner last night." Elizabeth explained, "Since I didn't know about your likes, I didn't add mint in your drink, I am sorry."

"No worries, Lizzy. I like my drink plain." Ardeth smiled, "Can I get some cupcakes, you gave earlier? I am famished."

"I will get them now." Elizabeth said and walked inside her home.

"Shut it, Ardeth."James said with a slight blush, as Ardeth looked at James with a naughty grin on his face as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Someone is keeping a note of your likes and dislikes, eh?" Ardeth teased.

"Even I am surprised." James smiled.

"You don't need anymore confirmation than this, ask her out." Ardeth encouraged.

"Sure, thank you." James smiled.

"Loosen up your muscles, take a deep breath and focus on the game." Daniel instructed Ardeth as they practiced Soccer.

"Focus...focus..." Daniel shouted as Ardeth began to run around the field.

"Goal!" Ardeth bumped his fist into the air.

"Good work, Ardeth." Daniel clapped his hands. "Wonderful efforts to stop the goal, Jamie." He smiled at Jamie, who grinned in return.

"Thank you, Dan." Ardeth said wiping his face with the towel.

"You are getting on the track, just remember not to tense your calf muscles, you might end up pulling a hamstring." Daniel instructed.

Ardeth nodded.

"We have the league match in next two months." Ardeth informed.

"With the progress you are making, you would be fit to join the team by then." Daniel said, "Your game improved a lot since we started practicing two weeks ago, and I am sure, it will get better."

"Thank you, Dan." Ardeth smiled, "So, same time tomorrow?"

"Baby, please..." Ardeth begged, "Just this one time."

"No, Ardeth, not gonna happen." Sherlyn frowned.

"I am tired running all around the ground, Dan was going hard on me."

"You didn't look tired, when you were trying to get into my pants, just a few minutes ago." Sherlyn pointed out.

"Why are you comparing this to that?" Ardeth huffed.

"Stop making excuses, and complete your assignment, Ardeth. Tomorrow is the last day to submit." Sherlyn said, as she began to write her own assignment.

"Can't you write mine too?" Ardeth asked as he took the pen in hand.

"Nick and I wrote most of your assignments this semester, I can write one more now, I have to complete mine too." Sherlyn answered without raising her head from the book. "And don't you dare call Nick, he is busy."

"I want to kick the person, who started this assignment shit." Ardeth mumbled as he began to write his assignments. "And I know what kind of busy work Nick is doing." He smirked.

"Can't you concentrate on the assignment instead of thinking about others personal lives?"

"I am jealous of Nick." Ardeth stated, "He is getting some action, while I am not."

Sherlyn rolled her eyes.

"I am horny." Ardeth announced half way through the assignment.

"I am not." Sherlyn dismissed, "Ardeth..." Sherlyn warned as he moved closer to her.

"What?" Ardeth asked as he began to pepper kisses on her shoulder.

"We have to complete the assignment." Sherlyn said as she tilted her head.

"I know." Ardeth mumbled as he pulled down her blouse and moved down her neck. "We still have some 13 hours till we go to college tomorrow."

"Let's go to our room." Sherlyn said as she pulled Ardeth up and kissed him.

"As you wish." Ardeth smiled lifting Sherlyn and carried her to the room, without breaking the kiss.

"Why are you wearing so many clothes?" Sherlyn complained as she tossed away his shirt.

"I didn't know my baby mama was super horny, had I known I would have walked around naked." Ardeth chuckled as he helped her remove his vest.

"It's your baby, who is making me horny." Sherlyn said as she sucked on his neck.

"Atleast my baby is understanding her father's plight, and helping him." Ardeth joked as he flipped them making Sherlyn lay on her back.

"Ready for round 2." Ardeth asked kissing Sherlyn's shoulder blades.

"No, I need energy to write my assignment." Sherlyn mumbled with her eyes closed.

"You have such a hot boyfriend in bed, yet you are thinking about the assignment." Ardeth rolled his eyes. "Think about me." He whispered pecking her lips.

"I would give up again, if I think about you." Sherlyn said with a naughty glint in her eyes, as she hugged him. "I didn't know I have such a fragile self control."

"Only when it comes to me." Ardeth boasted.

"You are so full of yourself." Sherlyn laughed as she placed one hard kiss on his lips, before walking inside the bathroom.

"Are you going somewhere?" Sherlyn asked walking inside the room, as she watched Ardeth fully dressed.

"Yeah, I just found these keys in my pocket. Dan asked me to drop those keys at the garage for Mr.Segal to collect his car early morning tomorrow, I forgot, so going to garage." Ardeth explained.

"Oh okay, drive safely."

"Sure, you try to get some sleep, I know you are tired." Ardeth said wrapping his arms around Shelryn, "Don't get back to work on the assignment."

"But I still have not completed it, and you too."

"I know, but you need rest." Ardeth said, "Sleep now, you can wake up early tomorrow and complete the assignment." He said kissing her forehead.

"Okay, come back soon." Sherlyn waved at Ardeth.