Chapter 34

"Shit, he missed the goal again!" Nick punched the air in frustration, as Ardeth missed to score a goal.

"If he fails in this game today, he would be broken." Sherlyn mumbled holding the seat.

"He needs to get back in form." Marcie said sitting beside Sherlyn, "Johan was saying that Professor Ashford is coaxing Mr.Broughton to conduct the auditions for the new member to replace Ardeth in the game."

"Why would he do that?!" Sherlyn asked turning in lightening speed to look at Marcie.

"Well, some old grudges." Nick shrugged.

"What's the matter with Professor Ashford and his hatred for Ardeth? Even the last time he was trying to frame Ardeth in drug scandal." Sherlyn asked Marcie and Nick.

"You know Maggie, right?" Marcie asked Sherlyn, and she nodded.

"While we were in the freshman year, Professor Ashford called Maggie to his office to discuss about her grades, and behaved inappropriately with her. Maggie came to me crying, while I was in the Soccer field with Johan. Ardeth, who happened to be at the scene got furious hearing about what happened, charged into Professor Ashford's cabin and punched him in his face."

"He punched him!" Sherlyn asked wide eyed.

"Yes, later Johan, Nick and others pulled them apart, Principal Paul, and Professor Luciana everyone looked into the matter, but there was no evidence against Professor Ashford apart from Maggie claiming that he asked her for sexual favours in exchange of increasing her grades."

"Well, wasn't that enough, the victim giving an oral statement against the accused?" Sherlyn questioned.

"Professor Ashford defended himself saying that Maggie is lying because he denied to give her extra marks, and is making baseless accusations on him. Since there was no sound evidence or witnesses to prove him wrong, everyone thought it was just a misunderstanding, and Ardeth was suspended for a month, for physical violence."

"That's so inane." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Well, it is." Marcie nodded, "Since then, Professor Ashford is trying to get his revenge over Ardeth." She sighed. "Seems like now he is finding an opportunity to remove Ardeth from the team."

"Holy... This is a messed up situation." Sherlyn sighed looking at Ardeth, who was looking frustrated because of his failures.

"He is already sad, because he didn't get to play in the tournament last week, and now if they replace him with another member, that would crush him." Nick said in worry.

"Mr.Broughton is confident about Ardeth, that he would make a come back, but I don't know how long he is going to handle the pressure. Even the team members are in the favour of Ardeth, but we can't be sure about the happenings of future." Marcie sighed.

"Hello, Ardeth?" Sherlyn spoke as she picked up the call, "Why are you calling me at one in the morning? Is everything alright?"

"Sorry to disturb your sleep." Ardeth said, "Can you come out with me?"

"Where are you?" Sherlyn asked sitting in her bed.

"Infront of your home."

"Give me five minutes." Sherlyn said slipping into her Jeans, and grabbing her sweater. She waved at Ardeth standing by her window, and he waved back.

Even he looked like he was happy, Sherlyn knew that his failures in the game was taking a toll on him. Even early that day, he didn't speak much about the game, he tried his best to mask his sadness.