Chapter 31

"Here's your coffee." Ardeth said placing the coffee mug on the kitchen island as he saw Sherlyn walk out of his room.

"Thank you, and I borrowed your sweatpants and hoodie." Sherlyn said gesturing towards her attire.

"They look good on you." Ardeth said pouring coffee for himself.

"I have to call and check with Amelia and Marcie."

"Amelia called me while you were in shower, they told your father that you guys are having a sleepover." Ardeth informed.

"Great then." Sherlyn said placing the hot coffee cup against her forehead. "I need some painkillers."

"Here, I have some painkillers." Ardeth said passing the tablets, "Let's go out for lunch."

"I can't go out wearing your clothes! They are too big for me." Sherlyn shook her head looking at her clothes.

"In that case, let's go for shopping first and then we can go and grab some lunch." Ardeth said grabbing his car keys and pulling Sherlyn with him.

"How can I help you?" The shop attendent asked Ardeth and Sherlyn, as they walked inside the clothes store.

"We need a dress." Sherlyn answered.

"Dresses." Ardeth quipped.

"Okay, please follow me." The shop attendent led the way.

"I just need one dress." Sherlyn whispered.

"Pick up some lingerie as well." Ardeth's whispered back.

"I don't..."

"Sherlyn, don't argue." Ardeth said stopping in his tracks, "Pick up all the things that you need, for your new wardrobe at my place."

"What?"

"You heard it, now go." Ardeth said as the Shop attendent came carrying some dresses.

Sherlyn tried the dresses the shop attendent gave her, and selected a few dresses she felt comfortable in.

"I have done my shopping." Sherlyn said giving the dresses to the shop attendent.

"Did you buy everything?" Ardeth asked Sherlyn as they walked towards the bill counter.

"Yes." Sherlyn said digging out her card.

"I am paying the bill." Ardeth said passing the card, beating Sherlyn.

"Atleast let me pay for my clothes." Sherlyn whined.

"Nope." Ardeth shook his head and turned pay the bill. "How much's the bill?" He asked the girl in the counter.

"Hi." The girl in the bill counter greeted Ardeth, "You never called me again. I thought we could have some fun again." She winked.

Ardeth coughed as Sherlyn looked at him and the girl wide eyed.

"Here's my number, I am free this weekend." The girl whispered.

"Can I get my clothes, please?" Sherlyn asked banging on the counter table.

"Sorry." The girl said handing the bags to Sherlyn, who grabbed them with a force and walked away, leaving Ardeth behind.

"Sherlyn, wait..." Ardeth ran behind Sherlyn.

"What?" Sherlyn hissed.

"I don't even know her name, we just had a ONS, before I met you." Ardeth said awkwardly

"I need a coffee." Sherlyn said walking inside the cafe.

Ardeth followed her.

"One Cappuccino, with two sugar." Sherlyn asked the waitress.