Chapter 48

"What does the paper say?" Nick asked Ardeth, who finished reading the letter he just received.

"Nothing important." Ardeth said crumpling the paper in his hands, "Just a letter from management saying that they are pulling off my sports scholarship." He said throwing the paper in the bin.

"What!" Nick shouted looking at the bin, "You said it's not important!"

"It would have been an important issue, if they had issued a prior notice informing me that they would pull off my scholarship, but now it is done, why should I waste my energy crying over that." Ardeth said putting in his sunglasses and opening his car door.

"Ardeth." Nick stopped him by his shoulder.

"What is it Roy?" Ardeth asked in tone of annoyance.

"I am not your girlfriend to say sweet things to you, but if you need any help, any way, "platonically" don't shy away like a mimosa, be a human and ask." Nick said looking straight at Ardeth.

Ardeth nodded his head in response and gave a pat on Nick's shoulder before getting into his car.

"Sorry, I am late." Ardeth apologized as he walked towards Sherlyn.

"No worries, I took an appointment, they will call us in shortly." Sherlyn smiled wrapping her hand around Ardeth's arm, "Are you ready to know the gender of our nugget?" She asked looking up at him.

"I am excited." Ardeth smiled holding her hand in a tight grip.

"Ms.Priestly." The nurse called, and they walked inside the room.

"Hello Sherlyn, how are you and baby doing?" Dr.White asked in a bright tone.

"We are doing fine." Sherlyn answered.

"That's great to know, but let me check it myself." Dr.White said guiding Sherlyn towards the bed in the other side of the room.

"How is the baby?" Ardeth asked shifting on his feet as Dr.White monitored the baby's movements on the monitor.

"The baby is healthy." Dr.White smiled, "and it's a girl."

"A babygirl." Ardeth whispered looking at the monitor that showed the baby.

"She is moving around." Sherlyn said looking at the screen.

"Now that you are in your second trimester, you can feel the baby movements too in a few days." Dr.White said passing the tissues to Sherlyn and Ardeth.

"I can't wait to hold our babygirl in my hands." Sherlyn smiled wrapping her hands around Ardeth's waist as they stood in the parking lot. "Are you not happy that we are having a girl?" She asked looking at Ardeth, who was silent ever since they got to know they are having a girl.

"I am happy, I am always happy with everything that involves you and Nugget." Ardeth smiled kissing Sherlyn's forehead.

"But..."

"Leave about me." Ardeth said waving his hand, "Do you want anything? Pizza? Icecream?"

"I had a Pizza while waiting for you, so I am pretty stuffed, a nap would be great." Sherlyn yawned leaning her head against Ardeth's chest.

"Let's get you to home then." Ardeth said opening the door for Sherlyn to get in.

"Did you lose your way?" James asked pushing his glasses over his sharp nose, as his gaze squinted on the person standing infront of him.

"No, I didn't." Ardeth replied.

"Oh! Then Pumpkin kicked you out." James nodded, "You see pregnant women can be cruel at times..."