Chapter 11

"I hate writing assignments." Nicholas groaned.

"Doesn't everyone?" Sherlyn asked as she continued writing her assignment, "Now get to work, we have to submit it in two days." She said as they continued to work on their assignments in Nicholas's study room.

Sherlyn didn't see Ardeth the whole day after he went with his brother. She expected to see him in the parking lot after college but to her disappointment he didn't show up.

Since her father was busy working on a delivery with Preston Jones, and wouldn't be home until night, Nicholas and Sherlyn decided to do their assignments in Nicholas's apartment.

"I am feeling hungry." Nicholas said after a few minutes.

"Me too."

"I have instant noodles, let me go get that." Nicholas said walking to the kitchen.

"This is good." Sherlyn said as she devoured the noodles.

"Yes, it is." Nicholas affirmed as they ate the noodles sitting in the living room watching Netflix.

Sherlyn occasionally looked at the door as she waited for Ardeth to show up. The last time she looked him in the Principal's cabin he looked so broken, and hopeless, something different than his cocky and remiss persona.

"Sherry." Nicholas shouted startling her.

"Why are you shouting?" Sherlyn asked irritated.

"I have been calling you for five minutes now." Nicholas frowned, "Where are you lost?"

"Just thinking some random stuff." Sherlyn answered as she continued to eat the noodles.

"What should we watch on Netflix?" Nicholas questioned.

Sherlyn and Nicholas were debating about what to watch on TV, when the door opened revealing Ardeth. He looked furious with cuts and bruises over his face and body, as he marched straight into his room, and closed the door with a thud.

"Excuse me." Nicholas sighed and walked inside Ardeth's room after knocking the door, as Sherlyn sat in the living room staring at the closed door.

After a few minutes, Nicholas walked out towards Sherlyn from Ardeth's room.

"What happened?" Sherlyn asked.

"I will explain it to you later." Nicholas replied, "We ran out of band aids and gauge, I have to make a quick run to the near by store to buy some, will you be ok?"

"No problem, I will go and complete the assignments." Sherlyn assured, and Nicholas left the apartment closing the door behind him.

Sherlyn walked towards the study room all the while she stared at the closed door of Ardeth's room. Standing in the hallway she contemplated whether to go and do her work or check on Ardeth.

"Come in." Ardeth said as he heard the knock on his door.

"I am sorry." Sherlyn said as she watched Ardeth sitting at the edge of his bed with his shirt unbuttoned exposing his toned abs with cuts and bruises on them. "I just wanted to see if you are ok. Are you okay?" She said looking at her hands.

"I will be." Ardeth nodded as he tried to clean his cuts with cotton.

"Shall I?" Sherlyn asked pointing at the cotton and antiseptic solution.

Ardeth nodded and moved aside making space for Sherlyn.

Sherlyn cautiously dabbed the cotton over the cut on Ardeth's eyebrow as he calmly sat infront of her in deep thoughts.