Chapter 49

"Hey Babe, what are you doing?" Ardeth asked walking into the kitchen startling Sherlyn in process.

"Checking the temperature in the fridge." Sherlyn said with a nervous smile.

"Then, what are you hiding behind you?" Ardeth asked with his forehead creased.

"It's the spoon." Sherlyn said showing the spoon.

"If you are eating ice-cream from the fridge, no need to lie to me." Ardeth rolled his eyes, "Infact you can share a spoon or two with me, and I will be a happier person." He said moving towards the fridge. "You can eat ice-cream without hiding it from me."

"I don't feel like eating ice-cream now." Sherlyn said putting the spoon away.

"You were craving for it few minutes ago and now you don't feel like eating?" Ardeth smiled.

"Yes, pregnancy does that to you." Sherlyn smiled. "Let's go watch some movies." She said moving towards the living room.

"Fine then." Ardeth shook his head, "If not you then I am in mood for icecream." He said opening the fridge door.

"Wait, don't eat my icecream."

"It's okay, I will take one scoop and I will buy you a few more tubs and snacks tomorrow." Ardeth said opening the tub. "It's empty" he said looking at Sherlyn.

"I ate all icecream." Sherlyn said looking abashed.

"Hmm... Let's go get a new tub then."

"No, Ardeth." Sherlyn shook her head, "I don't feel like having ice cream now."

"What about when you feel like eating and there is no icecream in the refrigerator?" He raised his brow, "Let's go get it." He said walking towards the door grabbing his coat.

As he walked towards the door, he turned around realising Sherlyn wasn't following him.

As his eyes searched for her, he found her hunching over the table looking pale, trying hard to keep her eyes open.

"Sherlyn..." Ardeth ran towards her direction and held her in his hands before she could passout.

"Ardeth? What happened?" James, who came running inside the hospital with Elizabeth following him, gasped.

"I don't know, she was all good and then suddenly she passed out." Ardeth sniffed his red eyes looking at the door of the room, Sherlyn was taken into.

"Did you speak with the doctor? What did they say?"

"They are running tests and they will know the reason only after they get the results." Ardeth answered, "I can't live if anything happens to Sherlyn or Nugget, I know I am not the best boyfriend or father out there but they are the only best things I have in my life..."

James wrapped his hand around Ardeth's shoulder as the latter watched the door of the room without blinking his eye.

"Don't worry Son, My Pumpkin s a strong girl, and I am sure your babygirl is stronger than her mother. They are going to back home fit and healthy." James assured.

"Ms. Priestly's family?" Dr.White called out walking towards James and Ardeth, gesturing them towards her cabin.

"Mr.Sky..."

"Are Sherlyn and my baby fine?" Ardeth asked interrupting the doctor.

"They are fine." Dr.White said making Ardeth take in a deep breathe of relief, "as of now." She continued.

"What does that mean?" Ardeth questioned.

"Mr.Sky, Sherlyn and the baby are having nutrition deficiency, this could have been caused because of not taking proper meals or skipping the meals or supplements. This is the reason why Sherlyn fainted today, her glucose levels are low, which is because she didn't have proper diet. And the baby is also having under weight, which might give raise to complication going forward."