Chapter 24

"I am thinking to make Chicken roast, mashed potatoes, is that's okay?" Sherlyn asked from the kitchen, checking the ingredients.

"Sounds great." Ardeth answered walking inside the kitchen.

Sherlyn checked him out as he drank the water, his basket ball shirts showed off his toned muscular legs and the sleeveless white t-shirt he wore hugged his torso.

"Do you need anything?" Ardeth asked as he placed the bottle in the refrigerator.

"Huh... Yeah, a little help to season the chicken." Sherlyn coughed, handing him the seasoning.

"What should I do with it now?" Ardeth asked holding the bowl.

"You don't know to cook?"

"I only know how to make Pancakes, and noodles, never tried anything else, since we order in most of the time." Ardeth shrugged.

Sherlyn shook her head, "You have to rub the seasonings all over chicken, and later rub it with this minced garlic." She explained.

"That sounds easy." Ardeth said as he got to work.

Sherlyn and Ardeth spent their time in the kitchen cooking together, while grooving to the beats of the songs on the background.

"Baby..baby..baby...oh..." Ardeth sang in his not so melodious voice as he twirled Sherlyn making her laugh.

"Wait... I still have to make the mashed potatoes." Sherlyn said as she gave a light push to Ardeth.

"You can make the mashed potatoes, I am just going to hold you, and watch while you cook." Ardeth said as he wrapped his hands around Sherlyn, and watched her beat the potatoes, occasionally kissing her shoulder and neck.

"Can you check the tart, while I place the dishes on the table?" Sherlyn asked Ardeth after a while.

"Sure." Ardeth sighed leaving Sherlyn and walking to the oven.

"We are watching a movie." Ardeth announced after they finished their lunch. "Which movie you want to watch?" He asked Sherlyn.

"I don't know, let's watch something of your choice." Sherlyn said as sat beside Ardeth.

"The Notebook?"

"I didn't take you for someone who watches romantic movies." Sherlyn said leaning against the headboard of his bed.

"You should know better than to judge a book by it's cover." Ardeth said taking his seat beside Sherlyn as the movie started.

"How many times did you watch this movie?" Sherlyn asked looking at the screen, where Noah sees Allie in the Carnival.

"I didn't count but quiet a few times, whenever I feel like seeing something different than action movies." Ardeth answered said wrapping his arm around Sherlyn's waist and pulling her closer.

Sherlyn looked at Ardeth, and he raised his brow, Sherlyn shook her head and continued to watch the movie snuggling closer to him.

"Do you want some ice-cream or anything?" Ardeth asked halfway through the movie. "I am going to the kitchen."

"Water, will do."

Sherlyn watched Ardeth saunter into the kitchen humming some random tune, scooping the icecream, he looked happy, and peaceful.

"Here." Ardeth said handing the glass of water, taking his seat beside Sherlyn, pulling her close to him again as they resumed the movie.

Sherlyn watched Ardeth, his eyes focused on the screen. He smiled at something that made his eyes light up.