Chapter 43

"Did the Baby daddy take a rain check, scared of me?" James said looking at the clock, sitting in the living room's couch.

"Why are you getting so impatient about his arrival?" Sherlyn asked chopping the vegetables, in the open planned kitchen.

"It's just I want some boys time, I enjoyed spending time with lover boy, during Thanksgiving dinner." James shrugged and the door bell rang at the same time.

"That should be Ardeth." Sherlyn said wiping her hands with the kitchen towel. "I will go and get the door." She said walking around the kitchen island.

"Please be nice to him, Pa." Sherlyn said before she walked out, "I want the two important guys in my life to be amiable to eachother."

"I will." James assured, and Sherlyn walked out of the living room.

"Hey." Ardeth breathed out as soon as Sherlyn opened the door.

"Hey." Sherlyn smiled, "You look ravishing." She said looking at the Dark blue shirt he wore with the top buttons left open showing off his tanned skin.

"Thank you, I need that." Ardeth said giving her the roses he brought with him.

"Thank you, come on in." Sherlyn said opening the door wide, "Pa is in the living room." She said guiding Ardeth inside.

"Hello Mr.Priestly." Ardeth greeted walking inside the living room.

"Hello Ardeth." James smiled.

"I brought you a gift, hope you like it." Ardeth said giving a neatly wrapped wine bottle to James.

"Thank you." James nodded.

"Ardeth, would you like some drink?" Sherlyn asked.

"No, I am good." Ardeth smiled slightly.

"Pa." Sherlyn called trying to get James's attention. "Why don't you give a tour to Ardeth around the home, while I finish cooking the lunch and set the table."

"Sure, Pumpkin." James nodded. "Come on, Ardeth." He said looking at Ardeth.

"And this is my little workshop." James said as he walked inside the small shed in their backyard, with Ardeth following him.

"I like the smell of fresh wood." Ardeth said as he ran a hand over the wooden log in the shed.

"Careful there, you can catch a splinter." James warned as he walked towards the cupboard and pulled out some tools.

"What are you working on?" Ardeth asked as he watched James work on a piece of wood.

"I am making a crib for the baby." James announced with a bright smile. "I wanted to give the baby something that is special, and I think nothing can beat the handmade gifts, even if it is a small one, it tells you that the person really wanted to do something for you."

"I agree." Ardeth smiled, "I have a knitted sweater that my Nana gifted me, it is not perfect but it's my valued possession, nothing can beat it."

"That reminds me of the time, my granny gifted me a shawl, it was feminine with flowers and all those girly themes knitted on it. When asked she said I am her only grandkid, so she wanted me to have her best work." James laughed, "Nevertheless, she used to make me wear that shawl on every Christmas until she left us." He said working on the wood.

"Umm...can you teach me how to carve the wood? So that I can make something for the baby too." Ardeth asked shifting on his feet.

"If you really want to learn then, it would be my pleasure to teach you." James smiled pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.