Chapter 45

"Kick that ball, Ardeth. Come on." Coach Broughton shouted as Ardeth ran around the field chasing the ball.

"It's not happening." Ardeth sighed as he missed to make a goal again.

"I don't know what went wrong with you all of a sudden, Ardeth." The coach sighed, "You were one of the best players and then suddenly you are out of form."

"I don't know what's wrong with me, Coach." Ardeth said running his hands through his hair. "I am trying my best, but I am not able to."

"I wish I could say not to worry, but I can't since the team is going to play the league tournament in next few months, and Professor Ashford being the selection committee member, is trying his best to not make your name to the finalists and permanently let you out of the team, and your performance is adding fuel to it."

"I don't know what's his problem."

"It's not the time to worry about what his problem is, it's time to discover what your problem is and work towards it." Coach said, "I will try my best to train you, but it's you who need to work for what you want, since you know the league tournament can be an amazing opportunity for you to catch the eyes of the franchises, to pave your way to the Soccer clubs."

"I will work harder, Coach." Ardeth promised.

"I believe you, Ardeth." Coach patted his shoulder, "Take rest for the day, and continue the practice tomorrow." He said and walked away.

"Hey Ardeth, is something wrong?" Jamie asked as he checked the car's battery. "You look gloomy today."

"Just some stuff taking toll on me." Ardeth answered.

"Oh, I hope you find the solution for whatever is bothering you." Jamie wished, and the bell went off.

"The boss man's calling you." Ardeth shook his head.

"Yeah." Jamie smiled and walked towards the wooden doors.

It's been two weeks since Ardeth joined the garage, not even once did he see Mr.Scott, the owner of the garage. It seemed like the man came to the garage earlier than anyone, and left only after everyone left.

"Hey Ardeth, boss man says there are two more cars going to be delivered for service today." Jamie informed walking out of Mr.Scott's cabin.

"Seems like it's going to be a long day." Ardeth chuckled as he grabbed the tools.

"Hectic day?" Sherlyn asked wrapping her arms around Ardeth.

"Kind of." Ardeth kissed her forehead, "How are you and Nugget doing?"

"We are fine, but were missing Nugget's papa."

"Why so?" Ardeth smiled, "Didn't Nugget and her mom meet their papa just a few hours ago?"

"That was long ago." Sherlyn pouted.

"I missed you both too." Ardeth chuckled kissing Sherlyn.

"I am feeling bad that you are doing all the hardwork, and I am sitting at home idly."

"Don't ever feel so." Ardeth reprimanded softly, "You are carrying our baby, going through awful morning sickness, and all the pregnancy stuff, when compared to that my work is nothing. I want you and Nugget to be happy, if you are happy, then I will be happy, smile."

Sherlyn smiled.

"That's good, now let's go and shower." Ardeth announced.

"I showered just now." Sherlyn frowned.