Chapter 50

"Don't you think there are sparks flying between James and Elizabeth?" Ardeth asked peeling the Oranges.

"Are we gossiping about my Pa and his neighbour? Sherlyn frowned sitting straight in the sofa, in their living room.

"I am just asking." Ardeth shrugged, "Besides, you are the only one with whom I can gossip, untill Nugget arrives."

"Are you already making plans to team up with Nugget?"

"Against you, never." Ardeth shook his head, "But we three are going to be a team always." He smiled handing the orange juice.

"Awwie..." Sherlyn said pulling Ardeth's nose. "I like it when you are cute."

"You shouldn't compliment a guy as cute." Ardeth frowned.

"In public, in our private space, we can." Sherlyn smiled. "Besides cute is a genuine compliment, than hot."

Ardeth shook his head.

"Did you call everyone to the gender reveal party?"

"Yes, I did." Ardeth said pulling Sherlyn's legs into his lap, " And I ALSO invited Elizabeth West."

"There you go again." Sherlyn huffed.

"One should be blind to not see the sparks, and if James gives me even a slightest hint about his feelings, I would be happy to be his wingman to win Ms.West."

"By helping him sneak into her house?"

"Or by breaking the leg of her favourite table." Ardeth wiggled his brows.

"I can't believe we are gossiping about my father like this." Sherlyn said standing up and walking away.

"It's okay, if you don't want to believe." Ardeth said, "But mark my words, one day you are going to realise, what a good observation your boyfriend has." Ardeth said stretching his hands over the sofa.

"If you are done with your boasting, let's go to the party, we, as hosts, should not make the guests wait." Sherlyn said grabbing her wallet, and walking towards the door.

"Sherry..." Nick came running towards Sherlyn as soon as he saw enter them walk towards Ardeth's home in woods. "Marcie is livid." He whispered as he hugged her.

Sherlyn looked behind Nick and saw Marcie squinting at her standing few feet away.

"Hey Mar..."

"Don't hey Marcie me." Marcie said marching towards Sherlyn.

"What hap..."

"Thought we are best friends and best cousins, and yet I have no idea that you fell sick and was admitted in the hospital."

"I am so sorry, you went to city to meet Johan, and I thought it would create unnecessary panic." Sherlyn said in a low tone, looking apologetic.

"Sherry, I have always said, and I will tell you again, Johan is my love, but you are my best girl, and it's always chicks over..."

"Erm.." Johan cleared his throat as he walked towards Sherlyn and Marcie, making Marcie let out a nervous smile. "We are excited to know the baby's gender."

"Let's go and reveal it." Nick said pulling Sherlyn with him.

"She is pregnant Roy, be gentle with her." Ardeth said holding Sherlyn's hand.

"I am sorry." Nick apologized.

"No worries, I am fine. Let's reveal the baby's gender to everyone." Sherlyn said and Collin brought a Soccer ball and placed it infront of Ardeth.