Chapter 44

"Umm... a bit towards right." Sherlyn said standing in the living room of their new home.

"Good?" Ardeth asked moving the sofa towards right.

"No, a bit more towards right."

"Hmph... Okay?" Ardeth questioned.

"Okay." Sherlyn smiled. "Now everything looks great." She said twirling around to take a look at their newly furnished home.

"Finally... I can get my ass some rest." Ardeth said stretching in the sofa. "I could have been as well as a fucking weight lifter in Olympics with the amount of weight I carried today."

"I wish I could have been of any help." Sherlyn sighed sitting beside him.

"You did help me, guiding to arrange the furniture, if not it would have been a bigger mess." Ardeth said pulling Sherlyn closer to him.

"Are you happy?" Sherlyn asked, "With the things happening?"

"Happier than I ever was." Ardeth smiled. "I could have you and Nugget with me always, I can come home to you."

Sherlyn kissed his cheek.

"Not to forget I don't have to take cold showers now." Ardeth grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Do you always think about it?" Sherlyn rolled her eyes.

"Everyone thinks about it, but no one says." Ardeth winked.

"Can we talk about something else?"

"Why isn't it an interesting topic?"

"No sir, not when our friends will be here in any minute now." Sherlyn reasoned.

Ardeth rolled his eyes.

"My father called me earlier asking whether we need any help to move the furniture." Sherlyn said, "I said Nick and Collin are coming to help us."

"That's kind of him." Ardeth nodded, "James is making a crib for our baby."

"Yes, he doesn't want me to see it." Sherlyn huffed. "You get to see it but not me."

"Because he wants it to be a surprise for you." Ardeth chuckled.

Sherlyn rolled her eyes.

"Sherlyn." Ardeth said sitting straight in the sofa gaining Sherlyn's attention.

"Yes." Sherlyn said as she sensed something serious in Ardeth's tone.

"Since we moved in together, and with baby on way, I thought it would be great if I take up some part-time job." Ardeth said, "And my friend offered to come and work with him in a garage he works in."

"Ardeth, what's the need for it, we can manage." Sherlyn shook her head.

"Sherlyn, I want you and Nugget to be happy and comfortable."

"We are happy and comfortable." Sherlyn frowned.

"I am glad to know that, but still I want to give you both, the best I could afford." Ardeth said, "Please don't say anything."

"But Ardeth, how are you going to manage the game and studies."

"I can still study and practice the game since I will be working after the college hours." Ardeth assured.

"Don't over exert yourself, I am happy with what we have, and I don't want anything more."

"I won't, but I want to be better for you and Nugget." Ardeth kissed her cheek. "Enough of this discussion." He said standing up from the sofa. "Let's go and christine our bed." He wiggled his brows.