Chapter 41

"I hate this." Sherlyn cried as she looked at the empty icecream tub in the refrigerator. "Sorry baby, we don't have any sweets at home." She mumbled keeping a hand on her belly.

Sherlyn woke up from her sleep craving for something sweet, only to find that she emptied all the icecream and sweets in her kitchen. Even though her father and Ardeth asked her to let them know if she need anything,she didn't want to disturb their sleep.

"I think we have to adjust with these toffees." She said grabbing the toffees, and climbing the stairs to her room.

"I will ask your Papa to get some sweets for us tomorrow. We can't disturb Papa or Grandpa now, I am sorry baby." Sherlyn mumbled walking inside her room.

"Why are you saying sorry?" Ardeth asked making Sherlyn jump startled.

"Ardeth, what are you doing in my room?" Sherlyn asked looking at Ardeth with wide eyes, as he laid on her bed in his pyjamas.

"Waiting for you, duh." Ardeth rolled his eyes.

"When did you come inside my room?"

"Some ten minutes ago, I have been waiting for you, where did you go?" Ardeth asked sitting on the bed, "And why are you saying sorry to Nugget?"

"I went down to find some ice-cream in the kitchen, as the baby and I were craving for something sweet, but we ran out of the sweets."

"Didn't I ask you to call me, if you crave for anything?" Ardeth asked raising his brow.

"I didn't feel like disturbing you at this hour, you sounded tired when I called you." Sherlyn reasoned.

"Baby, no matter what, if you want anything please don't hold back yourself, please." Ardeth requested, "I wish I could be with you all the time but since I couldn't, please atleast let me know if you need anything, that makes me feel less guilty, that I am not able to take care of you and Nugget always."

"You are being a great boyfriend and father, don't feel bad, Ardeth." Sherlyn said placing a hand on Ardeth's shoulder, "I will call you if I want anything, I promise."

"Thank you." Ardeth smiled, "Now come here, and see what I brought for you and Nugget." He said pulling out and holding up the bags from underneath the bed.

"Donuts!" Sherlyn exclaimed opening the box.

"Yes, and I also brought some Swiss chocolates, baklava, Turkish Delight, cookies, Macaroons." Ardeth said as he laid the boxes on her bed.

"Thank you very much." Sherlyn cried hugging the donuts box. "How did you know we are craving for sweets." She asked munching the donuts.

"Father instincts, I guess." Ardeth shrugged. "Are they good?" He asked eyeing the donuts.

"Delicious, are they from the new cafe?"

"Yes." Ardeth nodded.

"They are yummy, just like Marcie told me." Sherlyn said taking an another bite, "You want a bite?"

"No, thanks." Ardeth smiled, "You eat."

"Can you pass me my water bottle?" Sherlyn said pointing at the water bottle on the bedside table after she finished the last donut.

Ardeth passed the water bottle after unscrewing it.

"Are you craving for anything else?" Ardeth asked taking the water bottle from Sherlyn.

"Yes." Sherlyn nodded.

"What are you craving for? I will go get it." Ardeth said fishing his keys out of his pocket.