Chapter 23

"Hey Sherry, are you and Ardeth still not in talking terms?" Nick asked as they began to walk towards the library.

"No." Sherlyn answered ignoring Ardeth, who was standing in the corridor.

That morning when she woke up, she found Ardeth gone, to which she was grateful. If not for the crumpled sheets that smelled like him, she would have thought she dreamt of Ardeth.

"So, how long does this cold war last?"

"Till Ardeth learns his lesson." Sherlyn shrugged.

"Seems like it's going to last very long." Nick sighed as they walked inside the library.

"How are you and Collin doing?" Sherlyn asked as she searched for the books in the library.

"We went on a date last night, it was great." Nick said with a dreamy smile. "And we are planning to spend the weekend in our cottage in the suburbs."

"Collin is lucky to have you as his boyfriend." Sherlyn said patting Nick's shoulder.

"Thank you, I think I am lucky to have him, he completes me." Nick smiled, making Sherlyn go aww.

"Sherlyn." Chris called as he jogged towards Sherlyn, who walked out of the literature class.

"Here comes the wrecker." Nick mumbled earning a glare from Sherlyn.

"Hi Chris, how are you doing?" Sherlyn inquired.

"Couldn't be better." Chris said with a charming smile.

"I hate him." Nick whispered.

"Good for Collin." Sherlyn whispered back.

"So, what do you say?" Chris asked startling Sherlyn.

"Huh?"

"Would you like to go to the book exhibition tomorrow? With me?" Chris asked shuffling on his feet.

"N.O.P.E..." Nick sang standing behind Sherlyn, in a voice audible only to Sherlyn.

"Sure, text me the time and place." Sherlyn said ignoring Nick.

"How about we go there together after the college? I will drop you at home later." Chris asked looking relieved.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Great, thank you, Sherlyn." Chris said and walked away.

"Are you really hanging out with the guy?" Nick asked Sherlyn.

"Yes."

"Ardeth's going to be mad." Nick mumbled.

"His problem." Sherlyn shrugged.

"I am going to Soccer Court." Nick informed.

"Can't we go somewhere else?" Sherlyn asked.

"I want to be there when my Boyfriend is playing."

"Fine, let's go." Sherlyn huffed walking towards the Soccer court.

"Wow, you guys were great in the field today." Nick praised after Ardeth's team managed to wipe out the opponent team without letting them score a single goal. "Aren't they Sherlyn?"

"Yes, the team played well today." Sherlyn said without sparing a glance to Ardeth.

"Hey guys." Marcie said walking in with Johan, "We are going to grab some drinks, wanna join?"

"Sure, why not." Nick replied. "Count both of us in." He said waving his finger between him and Collin.

"What about you guys?" Johan asked looking at Ardeth and Sherlyn.