37. Shimmer

"I know I make it look easy but I'm fooling you." Maeve said as she leaned back into Jorah.

"You scared?" Jorah questioned tracing his hands along her thighs. Maeve nodded.

"Polly said it's a boy." Maeve remarked.

"Another boy..." Jorah repeated. He felt awful that Robert had forced himself upon Maeve again but Maeve seemed alright with the child. She loved Rhaegar and she seemed happy, relieved.

"There is a banquet tonight," Jorah reminded her.

"I know... Ada got me a dress." She nodded to the dress hanging on the wardrobe.

"You are certainly going to stand out." Jorah told her kissing her shoulder. "But you could walk in, in rags and still be the center of everyones attention."

And Jorah wasn't wrong. Maeve was like a shimmering star in the night. Dark eyes, a crown on her head and her dress caught the light with every move. It was impossible not to look at Maeve Targaryen.

''I think I've been a little too kind. Didn't push back when Robert was walking all over my peace of mind." Maeve remarked as Ned moved to her. "Best believe I'm still bejeweled when I walk in the room.... I can still make the whole damn place shimmer'

"Yes you do." Ned agreed. "Its like there are diamonds in your eyes," Ned whispered leading her forward, all eyes were on her.

"you polish up real nice your grace." John remarked.

"Yeah real nice." Arthur agreed.

''I think I've been too good of a girl. I think it's time to teach some lessons." Maeve told them as she walked forward.

''What's a girl got to do? A diamond's got to shine.'' Polly remarked.

"What are you doing here?" Tommy asked.

"I came for the show. A dragon is being born." Polly informed him.

"What do you know?"

"I saw it in a vision." Polly told him. "Tonight is a very important night."

"Maeve..." Jorah said seeing the look in her eyes.

"I came to reclaim the land." Maeve told him confidently. "It feels damn good to sparkle again."

"Bitch." Robert hissed.

"Taking back the castle." Maeve said to Jorah kissing his cheek. This baby was going to be different, her rule was going to be different. She was done being scared, she had faith that the people would support her, she had faith that Rhaegar would do good, be a good leader but she was done with Robert.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Robert demanded gripping her arm but she didn't flinch away.

"Did you light the pyre?" Polly asked Arthur.

"Why do you think my clothes are seared?" Arthur countered bitterly brushing the sparks and ashes form his clothes. "I still don't understand why you-"

"Get the queens eggs."

"What?"

"Lord Stark, do you know where the queens dragon eggs are?" Polly questioned pulling him away from Maeve.

"Yes." Ned answered confused.

"Get them." Polly instructed pushing him away.

"A friend picked it out for me, I like it." Maeve corrected.

"You look like a slut.' Robert hissed.

"I think I look sexy." Maeve corrected, long slits up the leg and a deep v cut.

"You are a whore. Not a queen." He grabbed the crown from her head throwing it to the ground she watched it bounce away before ringing around itself and stopping before Varys feet. Varys looked over at Maeve as he picked it up.

"I got them." Ned said holding them up. "Why did you-"

"Are you all in on this?" Robert shouted. "Honestly Ned!" Ned looked to Robert as he released a bruise forming on Maeve's arm already.

"Your grace." Varys handed it back to Maeve but she just stared down at it.

"Do I have a rebellion stirring up in my own council?" Robert shouted grabbing the chest of eggs. He smelled the smoke then. "A fire?" he questioned.

"A pyre." Polly corrected. "Right outside." Robert smirked.

"Come on bitch, time for the show." Robert demanded and Maeve looked to polly nervously.

"Be a dragon." Polly whispered as Maeve chased after Robert.