8. Content

Lover // Daario Naharis is out now!!

'You said if you helped the baratheons and they won they would be in debt to us!' Cersei shouted

'Shush.' tywin demanded

'I am supposed to be the queen!' She shrieked

'Cersei that is enough.' Tywin warned he was sick of her constant whining about being the queen it was rightfully hers. A witch told her some tale in the woods a million years ago.

'Me! Now that targaryen is queen and having a fucking baby! She is the queen and her child will be a prince and what about me!' Tywin was sick her of shrill voice chirping incessantly in his ear he slapped her across the face and she silenced immediately.

'I don't want to hear another word out of you.' Tywin warned and cersei pouted like a child mid tantrum arms crossed over her chest as they made their way to kings landing.

+

Ned traveled back to the capital he couldnt stand catelyn just as she could not stand him. He stared down at jon as they got settled in an inn just outside of kings landing they would arrive tomorrow just in time. He looked for the similarities between maeve and jon but it was hard. Jons hair so black his eyes so dark compared to maeves silver hair and almost violet eyes. Tried to see the targaryen in him but he only saw lyanna. Jon smiled up at him. Jon reached up grabbing necks hair and giving it a pull ned smiled down at him rocking him to sleep.

+

'Do you think he will stop?' Maeve asked softly jorah stared back at her confused. 'Stop hurting me.' she clarified 'since im pregnant...'

'I hope so. I really do.' Jorah agreed. Maeve opened her mouth but a sob escaped her lips instead of words. Her hair fell around her face as her chin tipped to her chest.

'Oh my queen.' jorah coed hugging her.

'I don't want his child.' Maeve whimpered. 'I dont want it.'

'Children are a blessing.' jorah told her 'this child could save you.'

'If I have a son he could kill me anyways .'maeve remarked. Jorah was going to object but robert had a mean temper and he enjoyed hurting maeve he knew she was right. 'Jorah I'm scared,' she whispered.

'Don't be scared. I'm going to do a better job of protecting you.' Jorah told her as she held tight to him. 'I'm going to protect you and your baby.' Jorah confirmed.

'What if my child is a monster like him?' She whimpered into his chest

'Not possible.' Jorah assured and she looked up at him

'How do you know?'

'Because I know you. You are good. You are light. Yours child will learn from you. So I know your baby will be nothing like robert and only targaryen.'

'A child brought into the world from such a cruel act. From such pain and suffering,' maeve added shaking her head as he held her tighter.

'I'm so sorry Maeve.' he whispered and she looked up at him the ghost of a smile on her face

'That's the first time you called me maeve,' she remarked

'I'm sorry-' he began

'Thank you.' She told him stopping him. 'I don't feel much like a queen. I would like if you call me Maeve.' she requested softly.

'Of course.' Jorah told her. He kissed her forehead. 'I hope one day you feel like a queen. I hope someone can make you feel that way. Because when I look at you I see a woman being torn apart from all directions.' Jorah told her as he ran a hand down her back. 'But I know there is a fierce warrior in there a dragon waiting to be released, set free.'

'Thank you.' she whispered.

'It's a big day tomorrow,' he remarked 'best get some sleep.' he suggested but she didnt let go of him and he didn't let go of her.

'Could you stay?' Maeve questioned

'What?' He didnt think he heard her right

'Stay. Please.' she asked.

'I can stay.' he agreed. 'If you want.' He knew her experienced with robert had been painful but she trusted him. She lay down and stared at him he removed his sword and slowly slid into the bed he waited for her to tell him to stop and go but she didn't. She curled into him. Ever so slowly he wrapped an arm around her. Carefully and gently he ran his fingers through her hair she let out a sigh as he felt her relax into him. She felt loved, protected and safe in his arms she fell asleep easily which surprised her considering most nights she tossed and turned or was woken by fever soaked dreams night terrors that flooded her. But that night she was content . Maeve slept far more deeply than she ever had since Robert's arrival. Though Jorah wondered if she slept this contently before or only with him? If so, she would never sleep alone again.

He pressed a small kiss to her head and his fingers ran feather light along her back. He knew that if the king drunkinly stumbled into maeves room that jorah would be in trouble possibly maeve as well but he stayed savoring the warmth radiating off of her.

At 35 he was older than the queen had already had a wife who was now somewhere else with a new man. He couldnt provide the lavish life she wanted and wasnt willing to sacrifice his values to get it for her. He was trying to be a man of honor and nobility. He thought sparing Maeve getting her a new start was both but seeing the pain she suffered and continued to suffer. She never asked for anything never wanted anything she tried to disappear. It was strange to go from a low born woman that needed everything to the queen who wanted nothing. Maeve was content with his company.