31. Caution to the Wind

Maeve swirled her drink in her cup as Jon and Rhaegar played on the floor together. their features besides Jon's thick black hair to Rhaegars little silver tuffs were actually similar. Maeve stared down at them.

Jorah kissed her cheek gently before rising from behind her she looked over her shoulder at him as he put his sword back on his hip.

"I have a patrol tonight with ser Barristan." He explained. "One of the shelbys will be outside." Jorah assured. "The king is distracted tonight..." Jorah offered gently.

"I'm sure me and the boys will be fine." Maeve assured. "Ned said he might stop by... Jorah?" Jorah couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at Ned's name on her tongue but then she spoke his name and his anxiety faded.

"Yes, Maeve?'

'Do you think... maybe that..." she stared at Jon and Rhaegar, their faces, it was hard, their hair made them seem completely different but their faces, little eyes, little noses, they bonded so well. Maeve was imagining things.

"What is it?" Jorah asked kneeling before her.

"Never mind." Maeve said shaking her head at the thought.

"I can come back after?" Jorah suggested.

"I'm tired." Maeve told him putting down her drink. "I think I will go to bed soon."

"Alright," Jorah ran a hand over her arm. "Are you sure you are alright? I can tell Barristan-''

'I'm fine, just a long day." Maeve assured kissing his cheek.

"okay." He whispered standing up. He looked down at Maeve as she brought Rhaegar into her arms kissing his little head. "Goodnight Maeve."

"Goodnight Jorah." Maeve said sweetly as she looked back at him.

As Jorah was leaving Ned was coming.

"The queen is going to sleep." Jorah informed him.

"Then I will pick up jon and go." Ned offered. Jorah grit his teeth as Ned knocked.

"Enter." Maeve said softly.

"Night Ser Jorah." Ned said closing the door.

"I'm sorry I think we will have to postpone that drink." Maeve remarked. "I am suddenly very tired." Maeve admitted as she put Rhaegar in his crib. Ned nodded ruffling Jon's hair. He smiled up at them.

"Are you sure you are tired?" Ned questioned. "If this is about earlier-"

"No." Maeve assured quickly as she moved to him. "I thoroughly enjoyed that. I assure you." Maeve told him.

"Then what is it?" Ned questioned touching her waist ever so gently. Maeve brought a hand up rubbing at her neck. "Don't be shy now," his gravel tone sent shivers up her spine. "You have tortured me relentlessly all day."

She opened her mouth to argue, but his lips covered any protest that she might have made. It was a tender, exploratory kiss that she could have broken from at any moment. She wasn't going to miss a second of it. He licked the seam of her lips urging her to open further, and the instant that she did a maelstrom of emotion overtook her. She was drowning in his dark taste. Her stomach coiled into knots as her breasts peaked into hardened nubs. She couldn't help sinking her hands into his dark hair. The moans and groans she heard coming from her throat were nothing compared to the deep lust rising in her body. He kissed her like he had all day to study her and she was his favorite subject. She wanted him to feel what she was feeling.

The out of control wonder that was sweeping through her body. She met his tongue with her own, gently sweeping it into his mouth and then retreating. Ned growled, thrusting his hips forward into her hips walking her back to the bed. This ratcheted up things to an entirely new level. Her hands slipped from his hair to his shoulders, feeling the heat of their power. She felt his chest and the muscles that lined his muscled stomach. His kiss had become addictive. She knew she should stop but she never wanted it to stop. His kiss, his touch, she felt him hardened against her and she needed his dick rubbing against that tender spot that was crying out for attention. She thrust her hips upward and was met with him biting her lower lip.

She opened her eyes and saw that he had darkened with desire. The next kiss was possessive. She clutched his back, her nails scraping into his skin. But Rhaegar cried out and Maeve pulled away from him licking at her lips.

"Sorry." She whispered.

"No... you are a good mother, he comes first." Ned assured running a hand through his hair. Maeve turned back to him. "Would it be alright if I stayed?" Ned asked as Maeve got Rhaegar settled, he picked up jon and he leaned into Ned. "The walk from your room to mine seems an impossibly long distance." Ned reasoned and Maeve smiled back at him.

For once, though, Maeve would love to throw caution to the wind and do exactly what she wanted to do. And at the moment, that means falling asleep next to Ned.