25. That Snitch

"Your grace." Jorah said stiffly as she approached with ned.

"Hello Jorah." Maeve answered innocently as she moved past him. "Goodnight Ned.'' She called and jorah glanced back at Ned as he left, an unusually smug look on his face as he delivered maeve to her door.

"Maeve." Jorah whispered he saw her seal something in the bedside drawer before turning to him.

"Goodnight Jorah." Maeve said getting up on her toes and kissing his cheek.

''Your grace.'' Jorah said it in a way that maeve knew she had been caught.

''Jorah.'' She said lightly. ''Funny seeing you here.''

''Funny not seeing you here.'' Jorah countered.

''I was perfectly safe.'' Maeve assured and Ned smirked from the doorway as Maeve picked up Rhaegar and dismissed the handmaiden.

''I was worried.'' Jorah told her as she entered her room.

''Perfectly safe.'' She repeated innocently.

''Goodnight your grace.'' Ned whispered a smug look on his face as he headed down the hall.

''Night Ned.'' Maeve called.

''Maeve.'' Jorah whispered closing the door behind her. ''Ser Barristan told me you went into flee bottom. ''

''That snitch.'' Maeve declared putting Rhaegar back down and jorah couldnt help but smile as Maeve peeled off her cloak hanging it up. Rhaegar coed for her as she moved to Rhaegar. ''Hi honey I know, I was gone and worried you too, didn't I?" she coed kissing him softly Rhaegar smiled up at her.

''He has been growing strong.'' Jorah remarked. ''Loved.'' Maeve smiled back at Jorah. ''I worry about you Maeve. I dont want Rhaegar to lose you.'' Maeve put Rhaegar back down. ''I dont want to lose you.'' Jorah told her.

''Perfectly. Safe.'' Maeve told him

''Yet you didnt want me there?''

''I knew you wouldnt like it.'' Maeve corrected moving towards him. ''I just needed to see polly again.'' Jorah sighed and his shoulders sagged. ''I didnt want you to worry. I just... she gave me a few things.'' ''Look!'' Maeve exclaimed her body brushed against his as she moved back to her cloak pulling out a little dragon toy. ''Her niece Ada made it for Rhaegar.'' Maeve said happily. ''Isnt it cute?''

''The shelbys are kind folk.'' Jorah agreed his fingers grazing the wings.

''I know flee bottom is dangerous but Ned was with me and the last time we went I caused a bit of scene.'' Maeve reminded him

''You put on a show.'' Jorah corrected as maeve put the dragon in the corner of the crib for when Rhaegar woke.

''I didnt want you and barristan all tall and handsome in your white cloak and sticking out like a sore thumb.'' Maeve told him gently.

''Am I handsome or barristan?'' Jorah mused his hands on her shoulders and maeve bit at her lip as she stared up at him.

''Kiss me.'' Maeve whispered. ''Kiss me and see how important you are to me.'' Jorah obliged immediately his lips finding hers.