13. Barristan

This is me trying // Tyrion Lannister out now!!
And
Illicit Affairs // Harwin Strong // Criston Cole out now!!!

"Your grace." Maeve spun around and a sad smile pulled at her lips. "I'm so sorry." Barristan said as he hugged her.

"Where were you?" Maeve sobbed hugging him tight.

"I didn't know if you would want to see me... I couldn't save them." Barristan reminded her. "I didn't know if you would be mad at me." he admitted.

"I don't blame you for what happened." Maeve assured. "I have missed you."

"I heard you spoke up for me, at the small council meeting." Barristan remarked his fingers in her hair. "This looks good on you." He added kindly but he noticed the purple and blue tint to her cheek and eye, her cut lip and bruises on her neck that looked as though someone tried to strangle her.

"I need as many friends as I can get." Maeve told him. "Don't run away from me again." She begged.

"I wont. I'm sorry. I thought it best, but clearly I was wrong." Barristan told her. "Ser Jorah... he told me... he told me what Robert-'

'He should not have." Maeve said immediately.

"No, Robert should not have." Barristan corrected. "It is very clear that Ser Jorah cares for you, I'm glad he is looking out for you. I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend."

"You are here now." Maeve told him.  "I miss him." Maeve added softly.

"I miss him too."

"Rhaegar..." Maeve cleared her throat. "Tywin Lannister is the new master of coin.' She informed him.

"I heard." He said slowly.

"Jaime Lannister killed my father... Robert killed my brother... now the castle is full of people that wish me dead." Maeve muttered.

"No, you are loved, people care about you, I care. Jorah cares-'

'Robert is making his youngest brother, a child, he is a child the master of laws. What does a child know of laws? Nothing!' Maeve answered. "Stannis is the master of ships, now Tywin is master of coin, he is stacking the small council with his allies, allies that stood with him against my family. So when the time comes and he wants my head on a spike no one will question him."
"Hush, your grace." Barristan said leading her away from the castle.

"He wont kill me until I give him an heir." Maeve remarked.

"My sweet girl." Barristan said kneeling before her.

"I miss Rhaegar, he always knew what to say," maeve flooded her eyes but she refused to let them fall. "He knew how to make everything better but he fell in love. He fell in love and it got him killed."

'To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything.' Barristan told her.

"I am happy he found love, real love, that she loved him... I don't believe what they say, not for a moment!" Maeve told him.

"I don't believe it either, your brother was a lover, not a fighter... just like you."

"I am never going to find love, to be in love. I'm going to live and die here and be Robert's personal punching bag until I push him out a son." Maeve told him, Jorah hesitated as he heard Maeve's voice in the gardens. His heart broke, he knew realistically that Maeve was right. Robert was outraged with her performance, her appearance at the small council meeting and cutting her hair. The bruise on her cheek and eye showed as much.

"When you fall in love, and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast." Barristan told her. "It will take you by surprise and suddenly you are in love and that person consumes you."