Prologue

I always wanted to have a family, a family that I call my own. Can you imagine how wonderful it is for me to have your own child running around the house and a loving husband?

Because all my life, that is what I want. And right now, I'm marrying someone I just met... Someone I don't love.

And that's now what I want..

"Do you Gael Zavier Gonzalez, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

Umalingawngaw sa tenga ko ang malamig na boses ni Gael, ang lalaking mapapangasawa ko. Kahit hindi niya sabihin, kahit hindi niya iparamdam, alam kong ayaw niya din ang ikasal sa 'akin.

"Do you Alyssa Miranda, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

Napatingin ako sa pari, pagkatapos ay sa groom ko, napayuko ako at napatingin sa mga taong nasa loob ng simbahan, lahat sila ay nag aantay sa sagot ko. Napakagat ako sa aking pang-ibabang labi. ayokong mag 'I do.'

Naramdaman kong pinisil ng groom ko ang aking kamay, napatingin ako sakaniya. Malamig ang mga mata niya at walang emosyong nang titigan ko. Tumikhim ako.

"I-I do..."

""Now let us humbly invoke God's blessing upon this bride and groom, that in his kindness he may favor with his help those on whom he has bestowed the Sacrament of Matrimony. In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!"

Inangat ni Gael ang veil ko at hinawakan ang aking pisngi, kumikibot ang aking labi, paraan ng pagpapakita kong hindi ko ito gusto.

Dahan dahang lumapit ang mukha ni Gael, napapikit ako at kasabay ng paglapat ng kaniyang labi sa aking labi ay ang pagtulo ng aking mga luha.