Melo 12

Oh, Mom, though. Father, forgive her, for she knew not what she was doing. In Mom's defence, out of everything I told her, I hadn't mentioned Yandiswa because then she would ask a million questions. She'd play matchmaker and assume I wanted her, and then she'd encourage me to pursue her. So, no, she didn't know jack about Yandiswa. On a lighter note, Yandi seemed to get hotter by the minute. I knew I saw her yesterday, but it felt like I was seeing her for the first time. How could someone look that good without any effort? She had zero makeup on, not even lipstick, and her hair was untied and hanging loose, yet she still looked amazing, like she'd just stepped out of a beach commercial. I needed to hit that! When she walked out of my sister's room looking all kinds of nice, I couldn't help myself. I tried keeping the compliment to myself, but the words had already left my mouth.

"How the fuck do you always look this good?!" I blurted out.

Asemahle laughed, making me realise I had said that out loud instead of in my head. I was embarrassed because I was not supposed to be attracted to Yandiswa like a moth to a flame as I was at that moment.

"Excuse me?" Yandi raised an eyebrow.

"I don't have all day. Let's go," I said, trying to regain my composure.

"Well, Yandi, here is my flat key," Asemahle interjected, "bring me the clothes that still have their tags on, ok? And my shoes, Derrick knows which shoes I love."

"We're not there to pack up your whole apartment," I protested.

"Relax. Just bring me nice things only," Asemahle insisted.

"I bet all your clothes are nice," Yandi chimed in.

"Don't flatter me, boo," Asemahle replied, laughing. There it was, that laugh that did things to me—it did weird shit to me!

"If you girls are done?" I asked, feeling impatient.

"See you when I get back," Yandi said to Asemahle.

"Melo, behave," Asemahle warned.

"Excuse me?" I retorted.

"You heard me!" she shot back.

I kept quiet, fuming silently, and we walked out. Yandi was super quiet, so I let her be. We got to the car, and I unlocked the doors. She got in the passenger seat, and I slid behind the wheel of Mom's Bentley.

"Nice wheels," she commented.

"They're Mom's," I replied. She nodded and fell silent again. "You don't talk much, huh?"

"You're not easy to talk to," she said bluntly.

"I've seen you naked; I think that's an icebreaker," I joked.

"Like you said, you think," she shot back.

"What is your problem?" I asked, feeling frustrated.

"I don't have any," she responded coolly.

"Then why do you hate me so much?" I demanded.

"You threatened to hurt me," she reminded me.

"I was looking out for my sister. You said you'd rather die than be with me," I pointed out.

"You're an ass," she said, her voice flat.

"And you got that from?"

"Your attitude said it all," she replied.

"Mmhm," I grunted.

"I heard you'd like to bang me, though," she said, surprising me.

Oh, wow! Were we really doing this?