Chapter 39

"Listen to me please Khadijah!" Ahmad rushed after her while she's slightly running. He just ended the class with them and he knew she'd leave and won't let him talk to her, that's why immediately he was done, he started approaching her and she's still far away from him.

"Please go away. I don't want to talk." She shouted back as she runs. But since she's not running any faster, he finally reached her and stepped in her front. "What is it you want? Cheating on me wasn't enough and now you're chasing after me? Just how low would you stoop Ahmad?!" She exclaimed hotly.

"I just need you to please give me a chance to speak with you. Everything I did, I had my reasons for doing it. Just that I didn't do it in the right way which affected us all. I'm sorry please, but you have to listen to me." He pleaded with her.

"You want me to give you a chance right? Alright. I've granted you one and you have less than five minutes to say whatever you want to say because I don't have much time." She said angrily while checking her wrist watch. He chuckled at her drama and she glared at him.

"Why are you laughing? What's funny?"

"You think five minutes is enough for me to show you how much I love and miss you. Five minutes isn't enough to show you how sorry I am. Five minutes isn't enough to show you how I regretted all my actions. Five minutes isn't enough to..."

"Enough! Your time is up." She cut him off and began to leave. He walked quickly and stepped in her front again.

"What is wrong with you Khadijah? Why won't you let me speak? Why do you choose to walk away from every problem which can be solved right away?" He said angrily and she stared at him unbelievably.

"Wow. So now I'm the one at fault because I refused to hear what you have to say? What is there left to say hmm? I'm not sure there is. It is clear on who you want to be with and I don't care. I don't care what you do with your life. So I beg of you stay away from me and leave me alone!" She said and left him shocked right there as he watched her retreating figure leaving.

***

"Hello Khadijah? Where are you?!" Hikmah exclaimed immediately Khadijah picked the call.

"Meet me in the cafeteria we normally go to have lunch."

"We need to talk." Hikmah said before ending the call. Khadijah sighed. She knows exactly what Hikmah wants to talk about and she's not ready to hear. She feels like she's acting like a coward running away from her problems!

She sighed for the umpteenth time today and found a chair to sit. Just as she turned her head by the side, she saw Nadiya and Zaliha with some group of men. She wondered what they must be doing there chatting and laughing with men in public. How shameless of them, she thought. Here she is frustrated and angry which is somehow because of them, but there they're enjoying and having a good time without a care in the world. Not that she's jealous of them being happy, but because there're a part of her frustrating mood and it looked like it didn't bother them at all.

First is Zaliha, the lady who is the reason she has lost her beloved and the reason he cheated on her, and then there's her cousin whom she loved and cared for but she took advantage of her love for her and clearly showed she never even cared for her in the first place. She never thought Nadiya would hide such important information and issue about her life to her. What actually vexed her the most is that she told someone outside their family about her life and didn't think twice to tell her. Yes, she mightn't have been able to solve the problem Nadiya was going through, but at least she felt important by knowing about it, it is at least a sign that Nadiya actually cared for her to tell her what's bothering her.