Chapter 28

Transcorp Hilton, Abuja Hotel.

The six men all met at the dining room and occupied the chairs there. They planned to meet and eat together as they usually do since they came to Nigeria. They're all looking exhausted, having to go spy on the mother and daughter as well as set cameras in some places where they go, secretly. They hardly eat properly as their minds is on the mother and daughter, and how to get information to tell their boss. They know perfectly well that he needs a feedback and if they're unable to give him any, then there's trouble.

They feel exhausted about this whole case because the mother and daughter are living a perfect and normal life as they always see them. So they see no use of wasting their time on a normal humans which their boss pressurises them to spy on. They don't understand why he's so persistent in knowing about their lives. They've realised that they're his family, but if he cares for them so badly, then why is he not with them? They wonder why! Twenty years of being together, yet they don't know much about him. If not because he assigned them to spy on his wife and daughter, they wouldn't have known. They only see him as their boss who commands them and threatens them to do things unwillingly.

They've now ordered for food.

"Really guys, I'm fed up with this mission of a thing. Honestly!" Lucas said annoyingly.

"Same here! I mean there isn't any thing to spy about, but he keeps asking us for feedback nonstop." Rafael added.

"True guys, but you should know that he didn't only ask us to spy on them, but to also protect them." Said Bruno.

"Uh hello?! We're not assigned to protect them, but only to spy on them!" Danni said.

"Yeah Bruno, what are you even saying?!" Carlos said, giving him a bored look.

They kept on talking and bickering and soon, food came and they began devouring it.

While they're on it, Danni's phone started ringing. He quickly ate one more bite from his risotto and pasta and answered the call.

"Hello?" All eyes on him from his gang.

"Where are you?!" The person on the other line said with so much authority.

"We're at transcorp Hilton hotel. Currently at Zuma grill, eating." He replied, brows furrowed at his gangs who won't stop giving him a curious look.

"Any update?"

"You should know by now that there wouldn't be any update about them because they're living a normal life!" Danni replied annoyingly, without thinking twice about what the person will say or do. The gangs widened their eyes at the statement. They're trying to digest the fact that he's really speaking to their boss and in such manner.

"Danni Pedro Gabriel Watch how you talk to me!" The person barked angrily.

"Woah relax!" He puffed out an air and the person on the other line, the almighty Usman Babayo, rolled his eyes. "I'm just saying you know. It's annoying how we keep seeing nothing and yet, you want us to keep an eye on them. Man, they hardly even go out!" He raised his hands frustratingly and the gangs made a gesture of approval at his statement.

"Do what I assigned you all to do and don't you dare question me about anything." Upon saying that, he hung up.

"He's so full of himself!" Danni hissed and carelessly dropped the phone on the table.