Chapter 30

Alhamdulillah it's Chapter WHAT?! 💃🏼🎉
Please spread some comment guys, anything at all. Much love! 💗

After sleeping for good three hours, Umar finally woke up. He stretches and yawned loudly before his eyes landed on his room's wall clock which read 5:00pm. He quickly entered the bathroom to freshen up and performed ablution to pray Asr. When he came out, he spreads his praying mat and began his prayer. He took his time and asked God for everything he needed in his life and while he's done, he prayed some more and recited his Azkar. He folded his praying mat as he's done and laid back down in his bed. He's hungry but he's not ready to go and look for food. He doesn't even know what they've made. He hopes it's something nice, though he trusts his mother and sister when it comes to cooking.

To pass time, he checked for his phone and saw that it's charging by the side drawer. He reached for it and saw the battery percentage which read 100. So he removed it from the plug and started wondering when he plugged his phone in the first place. Then he remembered, it was when he came back from school and realised his phone's battery is low. So he plugged it and before he could remove and use it, Hikmah came in which led to forced-nap for him.

He saw that there's an unread message there. So he entered it and saw that it's a message from Abubakr which read;

Hey man, how are you? I've got a very sad news. It's Nadiya, she's kidnapped. Some men kidnapped her right now and I saw. I'm so sorry bro that I couldn't stop or do anything to stop them. But I'm heading to the police station to report the news because I've managed to snap  the plate number and the car as well in order to be traced.

After reading the message, he gasped and shifted a bit, eyes wide open. He looked at his phone again, not able to believe what he's been told. He reread the message again and again and that's when realisation dawned on him, that Nadiya is really kidnapped. Abubakr couldn't lie to him.
So he got up and left his room immediately.

As he reached the living room, he saw his family. He doesn't care again that he's not willing to face Hikmah, his parents or anybody else. He doesn't give a damn about his grumbling stomach which is making audible sounds. He doesn't care if it's too late. He doesn't care if he looks a mess. All he cares about right now, is his Nadiya's whereabout. All he cares about is his Nadiya's safety. All he cares right now, is to go and report to the police about what happened. Initially, he wanted to do it himself, to depend and rely on himself in finding Nadiya wherever she is. But he knows one way or the other, he needs the police—even with their sluggish operation—which is why he's heading there right now.

"Where are you going to son?" His mom asked, a mug of green tea in her hands. He stopped in his track, unable to speak. He wanted to walk past them, but the moment his mother spoke, he refrained from doing that.

"What's the matter Umar?" His father asked, dropping his own cup of tea on the table. Umar couldn't speak. He's standing by the door, head on the ground.

"Are you crying?!" Hikmah exclaimed and came towards him. Their parents gasped and began to look closely as well. All this while, that's when Umar realised he's been crying.

"Hikmah..." Umar finally spoke but trailed off, not knowing how to start explaining what sounds so heavy to utter. On the other hand, Hikmah is waiting for an answer.

"Umar? Why're you crying?" His father asked.

"What has happened to you?"