Chapter 15

Zaliha returned home anxiously for the fact that Nadiya left her worriedly and didn't even talk to her when she left. Nadiya has never left her when they're leaving no matter the situation. So for her to rush like that and left made her so scared than ever. Nadiya is already facing alot after her mother left her and she hated to see her in such condition. But whatever it is, she prays that it's not something serious.

"Zaliha where are you going? You just came back." Her mother asked seeing the way Zaliha is getting ready so quickly. She just removed her uniform and headed to her wardrobe.

"Mom I'm going to Nadiya's. I think something is wrong there." Zaliha said while picking the first clothe in her wardrobe which is Abaya and wore it quickly.

"Okay dear. I hope everything is fine there." Her mom said.

"I hope so too." Zaliha said and quickly went out to head to Nadiya's house.

***

Nadiya could not believe what she just heard. Seriously her life is a joke! A freaking joke. Everyday with a different drama. The moment her mother came, she knew she's going to say something serious which will trigger her but she least expected something like this to come out of her mouth.

What does she mean her father is alive? Is her father really alive or is her mother just lying to her? God, but why will she lie to her? She couldn't lie to her. At least not after what has been happening lately. If her father is really alive then why was she not told since? And why the heck did he abandon her?!

For all her life she has longed-for a father. She always wished to have a father that will care and love her so much. A father that will stand by her and protect her all the time. When she was small, she used to see her friends smiling, laughing and hugging their fathers and their fathers reciprocated which made her sad about not having one. She always used to be sidelined by her friends when they're talking about their fathers and how they love each other so much. What made her so sad one day was when her friends were narrating what their fathers bought for them except her, who stood there speechless. So her friends started laughing at her that she doesn't have a father and that she's a loser all by herself. It was Zaliha that stood by her and defended her. Till then, she always disturbs her mother about wanting a father. She didn't know that her mother has been deceiving her since.

On the other hand, it's a good thing her father is alive since she has wished-for a father. Who knows how her father looks like? Did she resemble him or not? Because she doesn't resemble her mother. But the question is, why did he abandon her in the first place?!

"Are you telling me the truth? Is my father really alive?" Nadiya spoke while shaking her mother's shoulder with tears in her eyes.

"What?!" Zaliha appears and after hearing what Nadiya just said, she became so shocked that she couldn't move.

"Zaliha, my father is alive. My father is really alive!" Nadiya rushed to where Zaliha stood by the door and started shaking her.

"Oh my God Nadiya, is your father really alive?" Zaliha asked. It feels so unbelievable to her but Nadiya is happy right now, so she doesn't want to say anything yet until she hears it from her.

"Yes, yes. He's alive. Mom just said he's alive." She rushed to her mother and said, "mom he's alive is he not?"

"Yes." Her mother replied with tears in her eyes.

"Did you hear that Zaliha." She approached Zaliha again and smiled. "Yes I heard her and I believed it." Nadiya smiled broadly. "But where was he eighteen years ago and now, he's suddenly back?!" Zaliha asked sternly and for a moment, Hajiya Hadiya became scared of Zaliha's questions. Zaliha is feeling hurt that another problem is approaching her friend again. Nadiya has finally found peace after the chaos that has been going on in her life and she won't let her friend suffer anymore. First her mother abandoned her and now her father is back! Even though Nadiya is happy about the news and she's supposed to be too, but she needs to grasp what's going on first.

"Listen Zaliha, please stay out of this. My daughter and I will talk about it ourselves." Hajiya Hadiya said, feeling uneasy by the looks she's getting from the two ladies.

"Zaliha is not staying out of anything. She's going to stand by me and support me in this." Nadiya answered her mother with stained tears in her cheeks.

"No Nadiya, let me give you two space to talk. I think your mother doesn't want to talk in my front." Zaliha said and went upstairs to Nadiya's room.

"Now that you sent my friend away mother, can you tell me what is happening?!" Nadiya said with displeasure.

"I will tell you everything you need to know and I promise not to hide anything from you no matter how bitter it is." Her mother replied and soon, she sat down in the couch, Nadiya following suit.

I will unravel the hidden story behind everything going on in the next chapter.
Kindly vote and comment.