Chapter 5

Nadiya woke up with a very splitting headache which she didn't know where it came from. She stood up from the bed and checked the time which is 9:20am. She yawned lightly Ns went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. She came out quite soon because the headache is giving her a tough time. She dressed into a black abaya which Khadijah brought to her last night and applied some oud perfume in her body and mostly at the back of her ears because she finds it pleasing.

After getting ready, she laid the bed because of the headache. She usually doesn't have headaches early in the morning, so she couldn't understand what's happening exactly. She checked the side drawers but there was no sign of medicine there. She decided to just lay and relax, maybe the headache will vanish.

Suddenly, she head someone banging on the door which she predicted was Khadijah.

Great, an intruder to my rest and the banging will probably add to my headache.

"Why don't you just come in!" Nadiya said, irritated. She will deal with this girl soon, forget the fact that she loves her.

"You know it's always me"Khadijah said while flashing her teeth as if Nadiya was in a good mood to see that.

"What do you want?"

"Actually, mom said I should call you downstairs for breakfast. That's why I'm here."

"Okay, let's go". Nadiya stood up and the hell, the headache suddenly got worse. Just by taking steps, you will receive a severe pain.

They reached downstairs and Nadiya greeted her Uncle and Aunt and they reciprocated. She sat near Khadijah ready to eat her breakfast. She ate in silence and immediately she was done, she asked her aunt to for a Panadol.

Nadiya drank it as soon as she was given. After some minutes, she stopped feeling the ache and she was so grateful it was gone. At first when she started feeling the pain, she couldn't do anything. Like someone who is dying.

She came back to the room she was now sleeping in and opened her phone to WhatsApp. She checked her messages and found that she missed it a video call from Zaliha.

Oh, I miss her alot.

She decided to call back and she picked immediately.

"Hello Zaliha, how are you? I miss you so much."

"I miss you more Nadiya... And your troubles. I went to your house yesterday and I didn't see you. Your mom told me that you've travelled. You can't even tell me right?"

"It's not like that. You don't know the situation I'm going through."

"Do you want to talk about it?" No, Nadiya can't let anyone know about her situation, not even her best friend. She'd rather let it be. She doesn't even want it to be like her mom doesn't care for me that she dashed her out.

"Hey Nadiya, are you okay?" Nadiya thought Zaliha saw how tensed she looked. All thanks to video call.

"Yes I'm fine. I just don't want to talk about it."

"It's okay. I was only concerned about it, that's why I asked."

"I understand."

"Yes Nadiya before I forget, I've gotten my admission yesterday."

"Wow Ma Sha Allah Zaliha, I'm so happy for you. What University?"

"It's actually ABU Zaria which we've always wanted." She said with giddy.

"Yeah you're right. I hope I get admission to the University too."

"In Sha Allah you will and we'll be together again."

"We're gonna rock ABU. We'll be the best lawyers in Sha Allah."

"Yes babe. In Sha Allah." She said

"In Sha Allah. So, how's Ahmad?" Nadiya decided to look for her trouble because it's been long.

"Ahmad is fine. He's been annoying me lately. We're even fighting as we speak. We don't call each other anymore. I think everyone wants the other to apologise but you know me by now, ego is always getting in the way."
She's confidently saying it. Nadiya laughed loudly.

"Zaiha I've told you didn't I? That this lovey dovey you guys are showing will soon break and now look, you're not even talking to each other." Call her heartless but Nadiya doesn't believe in love.... Or maybe at this her age.

"Oh please Nadiya, you better cut it off. Our love is real. It's just that in every relationship, there's always fights and that's what makes it stronger."

"Miss quote, are you done?" Nadiya said amidst laughter. She's really making her day right now. Honestly, Nadiya has forgotten when last she smiled ever since she came to this house and now, she's even laughing. All thanks to Zaliha.

"Yes I'm done. Our love will never fall apart. Do you know who caused the fight? It was I, Zaliha. Now, I will go and apologize like a good girlfriend."

Zaliha was dating someone way older than her, Nadiy wasn't surprised if they fight often.

"Apologize? To a boy? I've not seen the day I'll do that!"

"Yeah yeah whatever. I know you quite well. You will be like 'I can't seeing something bad and won't debate it' right?"

"You're right on this." She's right. Nadiya wasn't like this. She always chooses to speak the truth and when she sees something wrong, she makes sure to correct it. She doesn't care who the person is. Justice will always be served.

"That's why you want to be a lawyer right? To fight case and deal with the wrongdoers."

"Oh yeah."

"Good luck with that. I get to go."

"Okay Zaliha byee. Till next time. My regards to Mama."

"Okay sure."

And that's how it ended!

*. *. *. *.

Hi guys. So how's the chapter? I really hope you guys liked it.

So.... Zaliha broke up with her lover 😂😂💔💔

This book has just started. Trust me, you're gonna love it.

Just help me with

Vote,
Comment,
And share it out.