Chapter 42

Y/n's POV

I could hear all of them trying their best to get Jung kook to open the door. Suga helped me walk out. I saw Jimin and V consoling each other while RM and Jhope were trying to at least get the ice pack in.

"Guys I am going to talk to him and-" Jung kook suddenly opened the door and pulled me in. He was in the worst state possible. The bed seemed ruin, all the things were scattered, his eyes were red and his cheek was swollen. Tears came down my eyes.

"Y/n are you okay?!!" I heard V scream outside. "Don't do anything-" I did not want him to complete that sentence.

"I am fine!! CALM DOWN!!" I screamt after which all the banging stopped. Jung kook had kneeled down. He was about to apologies but I couldn't let him, not in this state. Not when he was a mess. He seemed like he needed a hug. So, I went and hugged him. He cried again. I could understand him. I also understood by what Jin meant. No wonder he did not object me when I wanted to talk to Jung kook.

An hour later...

He was sitting on the bed comfortably while I cleaned the room. I did have burns but it wasn't painful. His eyes were still as red as ever his cheek was still swollen. "Have you calmed down?"

"I don't know. But why did you step in?"

"Step in where?"

"Step in when I spilled the oil by mistake."

"Or else it would have fallen on Suga."

"Why do you care about it?"

"Because you guys are my-"

"We are not your friends. We might leave tomorrow or any day and you wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye."

"Don't you think I already know that? Still I consider you my friend. Then why are you working if eventually you will die?"

"A valid point. I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry." He was about to cry but I hugged him again.

"You did not do it on purpose. So please stop apologizing."

"I am not apologizing for that but because I was jealous."

"Jealous of me?! What? Why?"

"Because you were getting close to V hyung and all the others."

"You have no idea how much they care about you."

"Then why did Suga hyung cry in front of you that day."

"Which day?"

"The day I came to give you the book for the directions." He was there?! "I was there. I saw him cry."

"Maybe because he was comfortable letting his feelings out in front of someone whom he will probably never meet. Imagine telling the person you will see everyday something they themselves can't handle."

"But I always told them to tell me if it's hard on them."

"You know my friend J. He always wants to comfort me or console me. But I never got the courage to tell him the things that are going on in my mind." He was finally trying to understand.

"Let me tell you something about myself. As you know I am the youngest in my family. When I was small I used to get jealous if my mom carried any other kid. It used to irritate me a lot. But as I grew up I realized that my mom finds it joyful. Carrying kids, talking to them and taking care of them makes her happy. She was a teacher. I was jealous when people who used to give attention to me stopped doing so."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know you are happy when you see your hyungs' happy. It is the best feeling ever to see your loved one happy. I have felt it. I don't want to be the youngest but I am. I always wished I had a younger sibling so that I could teach all the things that my sister missed to teach me. So, that I could teach her all the things my parents missed to teach me. But then I realized that I have cousins who were younger than me. So, instead of being jealous of them I started being more considerate towards them." He was able to comprehend everything I told.

"You can think of me like that younger sibling you always wanted. Maybe you did not always want one but now you have. I would love to be you're younger sister. Protect me from your hyungs...they seem to always eat my brain."

"They eat mine too

"They eat mine too. *giggles* Still, I am sorry...I should have known the kind of person you are from the start." He told and smiled. He seemed to have calmed down. 

"Are you okay?"

"I think you asked a little too early." He smiled again. 

"Now let's go meet you're hyung-"

"Our hyungs!!"

"Okay...our hyungs. They might be concerned. Before that, want to groom yourself." He went in the bathroom and washed his face. "Done?" He nodded and we unlocked the door. V and RM were the first two people we saw. If we had come out any later I think RM would have been in tears. V came in and hugged me.

RM's POV

Y/n was startled. Jung kook separated them, "Do not hug my sister without her permission." Everyone's eyes grew bigger at his statement. What did y/n tell him inside that room?

"Excuse me?! Your sister?!!!" Jhope told.

"Yes, my sister. She is my sister form today. So if any of you trouble her I will not stand still." We all smiled at how he had changed. Calling y/n his sister. She as well smiled brightly.