Chapter 60: Department of Mysteries

Start from the beginning

"Enough!" Lucius bellows out, and the curse stops, leaving me panting in agony as my muscles are screaming at me and my head is ringing. "He needs to retrieve the prophecy first. You heard the Dark Lord, he doesn't want the boy killed by one of us. That is his honor and his honor only." He scolds the psychotic woman as I pant and recover. I sensed several more people moving forward after my torture, and I hoped it was Dad and his allies in position right now. "Get the orb. Now." Lucius growls at me, and I turn obediently towards the prophecy once I've recovered enough to stand.

I internally smirk to myself, and perform a combination of my natural shadow magic and some regular good old sleight of hand. I know they will disarm me instantly if they see my wand out, so I use my natural wandless magic to blanket the real prophecy in a thick shadow and pull the fake one out of my sleeve at the same moment, all while using my other hand in a submissive gesture for them to back off, the Death Eater's attention all going to that hand for the brief moment as I hold it up to them while I make the exchange. I hold the fake orb out to them fearfully, and pause right before putting it in Lucius's hand.

"Voldemort really should have come to get this himself. It would have actually been effective then." I openly smirk at them, and they look at me in confusion. "Now!" I call out, and immediately stunning spells are shot out from all their surroundings as I drop down in a crouch to avoid them.

"It's a trap!" Lucius calls out angrily, and I take him on in a duel since he's the closest, Bellatrix and the others all going to the incoming Aurors.

I shoot out spells at Malfoy, but he is already backing away from me quickly in fear of being trapped, so I chase to pursue him. I hear an explosion behind me and start to run faster as I see hundreds of orbs falling down above my head. I cast a protection shield above me as I run, and push through a door that Malfoy just ran through. He throws a curse at me as I round the corner, and it throws me into the wall before I could defend myself. 

As I'm recovering and getting back up, I get hit by a curse from behind me that causes all the oxygen to leave my lungs rapidly, and I wheeze and gag before performing a wind spell on myself and forcibly inflating my lungs once again. It was extremely painful, but it just saved my life. I had dropped to the ground as it happened, and Lucius had managed to grab the fake prophecy from my hand and started to run away. I didn't care about getting the fake back, but I didn't want him to get away.

"Impedimenta!" I curse him and he freezes in his movements. I'm alone with him at the moment, but the sounds of the battle are approaching us. I walk over to him quickly, and smirk evilly down at him from where he's frozen in a crouched position. "How the mighty have fallen, Malfoy. A shame you chose the losing side in this war. I wonder, how will Voldy react when you bring him a fake prophecy?" I finish my taunting with a dangerous whisper, and his eyes widen in realization as he looks at the fake orb.

"When?!" He manages to breathe out.

"Wizards, so focused on wands they fail to see Muggle magic." I taunt him more. "You should be thanking me, if I had let you go to your precious Dark Lord with that, he would have killed you instantly. Why serve a monster like that?" I ask him sincerely.

"I have no choice." He grits out fearfully. "He will win, he always wins. I have a family I must think about. He will kill me and then them."

"It's not the Dark Lord you should fear killing you." I say with an edge, hearing the sound of approaching footsteps. "You're a smart man and a cockroach, you can spot a losing side when you see one. You are a survivor, that's how you stayed out of Azkaban for so long. Run, Malfoy. Take your family and run, leave the country, go into hiding. This is your one chance to really save your family. Leave Voldemort to me." I offer up to him in a whisper, noticing the spell holding him is wearing off. The door bursts open behind me and I take the chance and spin around and send out a flash attack that blinds the new Death Eater who joined us. "Go." I order out to Lucius, and he nods and Disapparates away, leaving the fake prophecy behind.